1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster S-Video 3 Cable Problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by tina, Jul 29, 2005.

1. tina

tina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

I ran into a strange problem and wonder if anyone can shed some light on:

I have used a short JVC S-Video cable to connect my Pioneer DVD player to my NEC projector to watch DVD and it worked fine. Recently I moved the projector to a much farther place from the DVD player and decided to use a longer S-Video cable. I chose Monster SuperVideo3 (10ft). The connection is exactly the same except the change of the cable. Now I can't get a signal on my projector. I tried switching back to the old, shorter cable and got the picture immediately.

The Monster cable connectors did seem a bit tight when I plugged them in but otherwise I couldn't see any visible difference between the two, except for the length. Can someone tell me if there are different s-video cables around? Or I'm just unlucky and got a bad cable?

Many, many thanks!

Tina.

2. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you checked to see if you bent a pin when you felt the fit being tight?

If you have, you may be able to bend back, or you may replace the plug of buy another cable.

Gareth.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    tina

As Gareth says bent pins are not uncommon when inserting an S-Video cable - another problem with some of the 'oversized' cables being they simply don't fit properly into the aperture on your kit.

I've seen S-Video connectors looking like they were pushed home but were simply 'jammed' into the aperture in the kit chassis and not actually making proper contact with the socket.

Best regards

Joe