monster magnet-monolithic baby

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
Im somewhat enjoying this latest purchase, theres a bit of filler at the end, but in general its solid rock. 'Stoner' metal apparently :rolleyes: but to me its just good old metal with attitude sort of cross between The Stooges/MC5 and QOTSA or a heavier Melvins. More of a review later.

The only Monster Magnet album I have is Powertrip, how does it compare to that ?

they're playing in town tonight. There was a time I'd have gone to see them... but this isn't it. Not for £15.
Still loving their SuperJudge album though, both on limited tiedyed purpley vinyl and CD.

Why wouldn't you go see 'em?

JohnG It's not as good as Powertrip, but along the same lines in terms of sound.

Originally posted by Donnacha
Why wouldn't you go see 'em?

I don't like them enough to spend £15 to see them. Simple as that. I only rate one of their albums and it's about 10 years old, so they won't be playing many of those tracks, that's for sure. Last time I saw them was at Metallicas Big Day Out at Milton Keynes and I wasn't particularly impressed, although admittedly that was about 5 years ago.
I also felt it was more productive staying home burning copies of my demo for some European record labels :zonked:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom