monster magnet-monolithic baby

karkus30

Banned
Im somewhat enjoying this latest purchase, theres a bit of filler at the end, but in general its solid rock. 'Stoner' metal apparently :rolleyes: but to me its just good old metal with attitude sort of cross between The Stooges/MC5 and QOTSA or a heavier Melvins. More of a review later.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
The only Monster Magnet album I have is Powertrip, how does it compare to that ?

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
they're playing in town tonight. There was a time I'd have gone to see them... but this isn't it. Not for £15.
Still loving their SuperJudge album though, both on limited tiedyed purpley vinyl and CD.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Donnacha
Why wouldn't you go see 'em?

I don't like them enough to spend £15 to see them. Simple as that. I only rate one of their albums and it's about 10 years old, so they won't be playing many of those tracks, that's for sure. Last time I saw them was at Metallicas Big Day Out at Milton Keynes and I wasn't particularly impressed, although admittedly that was about 5 years ago.
I also felt it was more productive staying home burning copies of my demo for some European record labels :zonked: