1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Legacy Collection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Azrikam, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hoo-baby. Just got this bad boy delivered from Laser's Edge, and I can't wait to dig into it. :clap:

http://www.lasersedge.com/item_detail.asp?id=48795&tMedia=1

It arrived a day before the release date and in pristine condition. Nice start for my first purchase at Laser's Edge. The case is great to look at, and the busts are very nice quality.

But at 17+ hours running time (and I'm assuming that doesn't include extras), it's going to take a while to get through them. Here's a list of the films:

DRACULA (1931)
    DRACULA (1931 Spanish Version)
    DRACULA'S DAUGHTER (1936)
    SON OF DRACULA (1943)
    HOUSE OF DRACULA (1945)

FRANKENSTEIN (1931)
    BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935)
    SON OF FRANKENSTEIN (1939)
    GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (1942)
    HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1944)

THE WOLF MAN (1941)
    WEREWOLF OF LONDON (1935)
    FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLF MAN (1943)
    SHE-WOLF OF LONDON (1946)

2. Teflon

Teflon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I received my copy today from Amazon - £36.54 in total (no customs charges) for 14 films, plus extras and 4 figurines. A truly stunning box set and incredible value.

Universal are releasing a region 2 version in May - £19.99 for Frankenstein, £19.99 for Dracula, and £19.99 for Wolfman, and only 2 films in each collection, so £60 for 6 films. Not quite so stunning!

I wonder why so many folk have multi-region players?

3. kilvil

kilvil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    does anyone know if they will do a set for the mummy films aswell.
    kilvil

4. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Teflon,

was that Amazon.com or .co.uk where you ordered it from? many thanks!

Zak

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to admit, you were lucky you didn't spanked for customs. This set works out at a tad under £33 at dvdsoon, including free postage. Can any mathmeticians work out what I can expect to pay on the top if I do get hit please?

6. Teflon

Teflon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    snip; "was that Amazon.com or .co.uk where you ordered it from? many thanks!"

Ordered mine from Amazon.com. I must admit I am amazed I didn't get clobbered by customs. The packaging was huge, and to make it even biger it was all wrapped up in a nylon sack! On the other hand, a CD I ordered for my brother in law arrived 2 days earlier and had a £12.27 customs charge attached (unlucky for him).

7. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have mine on order from Amazon.com but my estimated shipping date is May 10th! :(

I also recieved an expensive box set (Fellowship of the Ring Collector's Box) from Amazon in a big white sack last week - customs free :clap: It was postmarked from Germany though :confused:

This review is on Amazon: "Here's the bad news. I bought the set, opened it and found one of the discs unattached to its spindle and scratched. I returned it to the store and swapped it out. More bad news. The second set had TWO loose discs (also scratched). I opened the third set in the store and found that it was MISSING one of the discs! I decided to give it one last shot, so customer service allowed me to open a fourth set. You guessed it: two more loose and scratched discs! Universal apparently has some serious quality control issues."

Anyone else experience this?

Also out of interest will the UK region2 version have the statuettes?

8. Teflon

Teflon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just had a quick look at the packaging on my set from Amazon.co (dustman hasn't been yet), and it too has a Germany post mark.

I understand that customs charges are appropriate for goods exceeding £18 imported to the EU, so does this mean that all Amazon DVDs will now be customs free (would be nice to think so)?

With regards to the region 2 set, I understand that this is a poor offering: only 6 films in total (region 1 = 14 films), with each set of 2 films costing £19.99. As far as I know, there are kno statuettes.

It would seem that the region 1 box set is far and away the best value.

9. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It can be had for 25p cheaper from dvdsoon.com :rotfl: :rolleyes:

10. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually - it's nearly a fiver cheaper a DVDsoon...£32 last time I looked with free postage. Not taking into account the customs charges mind...

11. grey torq

grey torq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Wow! mine just arrived from amazon.com with the exchange rate it cost about £30 and there were no customs charges or anything a bloke turned up with a plastic sack, global mail from Hamburg Germany.
    This has to be the bargain of the year.

12. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Back ins stock at DVD Soon now with a price hike as well...up to $109.99 Can. Whereas I paid $73.00Can for it. Mines moved from pending to packaging at last... :clap: :clap: Only been on order since May 11th... :mad: