Monster Hunter 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I had great fun watching this lol. My expectations were about as low as it gets but we know what to expect with those two by now. I kind of hope it gets a sequel :laugh:

Even as an avid gamer and fan of "Monster Hunter", I struggled to watch this film and had to revisit it several times to finish viewing it in its entirety,

The audio and to a lesser degree visual aspect was excellent, but the film IMO is just awful... Ron Perlman's Character (The Admiral) is just LOL terrible, even down to the costume and hair... I love a good turn your brain off movie as much as the next person, however, this made for cringe-worthy viewing.

6 is a very generous score.

Cas -- Is the accompanying Blu Ray Region A only or ABC?

Pretty certain it's Region Free but I'll check later. Sony, so they're a fairly safe bet for Region Free these days.

I’ve had my eyes peeled for copy of this for a while but I keep missing it, it looks like fun !

Does anyone know when we will get a UK release

Cas -- Is the accompanying Blu Ray Region A only or ABC?

According to blu-ray.com the standard Blu-Ray disc is region locked to A. Not sure how reliable this is though. Cas will be able to confirm later I'm sure :thumbsup:

Whilst I'm not Milla's biggest hater, and felt she just about carried off the Resident Evil franchise, I must admit I thought this effort was sub standard.

I just felt her 'acting' was completely poor here and cringed at how she tried to portray her character. I expect the fairly weak and mediocre plot didn't help in this respect however.

I tried to enjoy this but just thought it was woefully executed.

Thanks for the review Cas.

Saw this a week ago and i had a lot of trouble watching this through the end. It was a real crap-fest as far as i am concerned and will never buy this movie no matter how good it looks and sounds. I rather watch Battlefield Earth three times in a row than watching this again !
You are too kind giving this a 6 Cas 😎

Watched the 14 ish minute clippage on YT . Was enough for me to not want to watch the film itself .

Great review as always Cas. Though you need to move up a notch :lesson: in referencing French electronic bands... M82?l?! :facepalm: Heheh

Great review as always Cas. Though you need to move up a notch :lesson: in referencing French electronic bands... M82?l?! :facepalm: Heheh

Sorry too much time with the Barrett on Ghost Recon

Warm up your subs before you watch this guys & gals!
It’s a proper belter people, lots of sledgehammer effects with 20hz & below stuff too.
Loved it!

Just watched this tonight. Completely rancid film, 3/10 at best.
Same old modern twisted stereotypes, shallow, as original as bog roll.
Not even worth watching for the effects.

I really liked this.

Of course it’s big and dumb - the title, the creatives involved (using the term loosely) and the fact it’s based in a video game that was solely about hunting monsters.......

But it was a nice, mega budgeted B-movie creature feature. And for this fan of tiny budgeted B-movie creature features, it was all really rather jolly good fun.

And the disk is something else........

Last edited:
I watched the digital release last weekend, and you know what, it was good dumb fun, the PQ and AQ was also great, even on the digital version. I will certainly pick up the physical copy upand it's a brand new release/ film I've never seen, hurrraahhhhh..cheers Cas.

Thought it was okay, literally rips off multiple films but not bad, I liked it better than the game it’s based on.

Unlikable characters until the resident Asian and awful music. And yet I stayed until the end. Passable nonsense.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom