Monster Hunter 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
To say Paul WS Anderson has had more misses than hits is an understatement. His earlier films showed a bit more ambition but he’s now obviously content to stay within the video-game adaptation genre (they must do really well internationally). Whilst I really liked Resident Evil and Apocalypse, the rest of them epitomised the law of diminishing returns (just rinse and repeat with a cliffhanger bridge to the next one). Surprisingly, I really enjoyed Monster Hunter. You must know what you’re getting yourself in for with the title of the movie, and yet again based on a Capcom classic game. I got what I came for, and actually a little bit more. It wastes no time with ridiculous notions like building a narrative - this is no Wandavision slow burner - and gets right into the action within the first 5 minutes. And then its just monsters and Milla and Tony Jaa avoiding to become tonight’s specials. This it does very effectively with some genuinely tense and exciting set pieces (and decent CGI creatures). Milla’s Army Ranger and Jaa’s native hunter make an unlikely (but appealing) pairing, and there’s a nice moment in between the action when Jovovich shows Jaa one of the culinary joys that her world has to offer. For creature thrills and exciting set pieces, Monster Hunter is a cut above recent genre entries such as Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla: King of the Monsters. If Ronseal made movies, Monster Hunter would be a best seller. I’m also up for a sequel until the inevitable drop off by the time we get to Part 7. I’m hoping the buff cat features more prominently.

3/5

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Has everyone that’s watched this imported from the US then ? I’m trying to get hold of a copy in classifieds if anyone is looking to sell

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Has everyone that’s watched this imported from the US then ? I’m trying to get hold of a copy in classifieds if anyone is looking to sell
Yeah, as far as I'm aware, there's no UK release scheduled.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Yep - I imported from WowHD: £28 all in delivered but it’s brand new and sealed and comes with a digital code which is either a bonus or something to sell to ease the pain of import cheddar :smashin:

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Yep - I imported from WowHD: £28 all in delivered but it’s brand new and sealed and comes with a digital code which is either a bonus or something to sell to ease the pain of import cheddar :smashin:

No worries, I will order from WOW today then unless I get a reply to my wanted thread.

Thanks

adbailey18

Edit, nvm, seems the box wasn't set at 4k for some reason

Ordered this from Amazon.com and trying to play the 4k disc and getting this error, though it was region free?

Attachments

• 20210328_232056.jpg
    20210328_232056.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Trojan

Distinguished Member
Had no issues playing mine, not sure where it was sorced, @Trojan can you help !?
I bought mine from Amazon UK which were suppling it from their US store. No problems playing it either. That’s not a disc region problem. That looks like a connection issue with your hdmi.
Looks like it’s been sorted now.

Last edited:

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
I didn't know Ron Perlman was in it, when he appeared I had to do a double take as I thought it was Will Ferrell at first :rotfl:

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive
cant unsee this image of Ron Perlman now.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom