Monster House

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with my wife to watch this the other night. What a great film. Not necessarily just for kids. The CGI is amazing and the storyline is captivating, humorous and touching. Recommended!

yeah i saw it weekend, and its weird, but good. Not sure what kids made of the circus wife. The house is amazingly creepy and it enough to scare kids. The direction was great at the start, with DOF shots, but later it was not so creative. The cgi did not really film like cgi, more like models with its slightly grainy/soft look. It was quite funny too, the rookie cop.

Apparently the film is the first full length, regular multiplex feature to utilise a brand new 3-D like technology developed by James Cameron. The IMAX showing of Superman had a twenty minute segment using it and there are plans to re-release movies such as The Star Wars Trilogy, T2 and Titanic remastered using it. It looked great!

Decadence said:
Apparently the film is the first full length, regular multiplex feature to utilise a brand new 3-D like technology developed by James Cameron. The IMAX showing of Superman had a twenty minute segment using it and there are plans to re-release movies such as The Star Wars Trilogy, T2 and Titanic remastered using it. It looked great!

Is this the process they are using for the Nightmare Before Christmas 3D version that's coming out (in the US at least) around Hallowe'en.

yes it is.

I saw a trailer for this, and it didn't really appeal. Something about the animation just didn't look right.

My kids (8 & 5) first horror film! Not one for the very young or prone to nightmares. Captivating and at last a CGI movie that you couldn't predict from the opening credits. It was great to watch the sprogs peeking through their fingers for large portions of this film and thoroughly enjoying it at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom