1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

monster cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bug, May 21, 2001.

1. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all i've just been on the pounds web page,
    And they are selling monster cables on there.
    Does any body use them i am thinking of getting a subwoofer lead? :rolleyes:

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to have some Monster Scarts. I thought they were over-rated, & the plugs seemed poorly made compared to say, Ixos or QED.

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I almost have to disagree with Arthur (not quite though, there is still some room for negotiation). The big problem is that Monster cable is far too expensive in the UK compared to prices in the States. From a quality point of view their s-video 3 cable is excellent and compares favourably with IXOS s-video cable BUT the IXOS is about 1/3 of the price!!! Monster's s-video 3 is better shielded than the "green" IXOS and is more flexible (the IXOS is a bit thick and rigid) that's why I use it. A 2 metre length in the States costs about $50 (about £36), in the UK the same cable is £80!!!!!!! (and the IXOS would be about £25ish). I have only ever purchased it during holidays to the States. I take on board Arthur's comments about the plugs though, the IXOS plugs can't be beat on their s-video cable. So, Monster bought from the US good, Monster bought from the UK bad!

On the sub cable question, I bought a 4 metre Monster THX 1201 (I THINK that's the name) sub cable last month for $40. Has it made a difference? Not that I can tell so far and it's a bloody off-white colour so you can spot it too easily!!!!

I think you have to think very seriously before departing from Arthur's advice regarding IXOS and QED. They are ALWAYS good quality, fit and forget, cables.

4. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice i think i'll stick with my ixos and xlo leads :D