1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Cable for XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tincupuk, Jul 30, 2003.

1. tincupuk

tincupuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all

Does any one know if this cable is sold over here in the UK ? I have a PAL XBOX and would like to get the best sound and video out of the system and TV ( tosh large screen ) the TV has input of S Video but at the front so not too good, it also has at the back one RGB Scart , 2 PAL Scart and the component inputs split into i think Red Green & Blue. Plus i have a surround system with fibre optic input... So i thought this cable would be perfect but it seems hard to track down. Help would be great. thanks ?

If any one has a better suggestion or has tried another cable, please let me know ?

Plus if it helps the XBOX is being chip soon for NTCS games not released on PAL.

2. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have an S-video and Rgb scart all in one boxed for Xbox yours if you want it for a small fee call it £5 plus P&P

3. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Monster cables are exclusive to dixon group stores. The only place I know where they sell online is at www.comet.co.uk
    The scarts need to be used with a monster fibre optic cable called 'I think' the lightwave 100x. Ixos also sell some good scarts for XBox heres the link http://hifistore.co.uk/product.php?qsProd=XPX01

4. tincupuk

tincupuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies..

phenom2003 i have checked out the comet site :( cant believe the price !

UncagedTyphoon Can you tell me if the conector has optical out on it ? also what make and model is it ?

Thanks again

I am going to town later and see if i can find some outlet for a cable there .. I mat have to get the HI DEF pack and optical :( but must be better than the standard one from all the threads in here saying how good they are.

5. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Firstly none of IXOS leads for the xbox do not have an optical output, this might not be a problem for you, but it was for me.

I went with the monster component for my PS2 & Xbox and I had to buy the monster optical cable to go with the Xbox as it has a special connector to plug into their cable (adding nearly 20 quid to the price of the cable!)

I've searched high and low for a UK or even EURO supplier of the Monster component cable, Comet only do the SCART/S-Video ones. To make matters worse, Comet have an exclusive deal with monster (confirmed via monster) for the UK distro rights for Monster game cables, and Monster enforce this pretty heavily, I couldn't find a single US retalier that would ship them over for me.

In the end I had to send the cables to a mate in the US who then resent them onto me.

I would say that is worth it for the improvement in picture quality, total cost is just over £110 for both consoles.