Monoprice THX Speakers

Jase

Distinguished Member
These appear to relatively good value for quite meaty speakers. The Fronts and Centre are THX Ultra Certified and the Bookshelves THX Select. Fronts and Bookshelves have built-in Dolby Atmos Upfiring Modules/Speakers.

Mini Tower

Centre

Bookshelf

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Didn´t know they are available in UK, great! For guys who are intrested:

Here`s hoping they would bring their THX subwoofer line to UK! In US they seem to offer one of the best value/performance/sound quality atm (12" & 15" models especially).

Jase

Distinguished Member
Didn´t know they are available in UK, great! For guys who are intrested:

Here`s hoping they would bring their THX subwoofer line to UK! In US they seem to offer one of the best value/performance/sound quality atm (12" & 15" models especially).

The reviews are quite favourable. Hopefully the rest of the their other AV gear will end up being available in the UK and Europe.

barnitto

Would be nice to see their Amps over here as well.

Technically they are available over here. Their amps are made by ATI, so you can buy the same type of amp - just for a lot more money!

barnitto

ATI also make their new processor, which they are waiting to certify for U.K. and European use (according to their Customer Service team)

Obviously slightly cheaper components go into the Monoprice stuff, but I suspect it is 90% of the performance for less than 50% of the price

DodgeTheViper

I've been swapping emails with Monoprice this morning.

There are no firm plans at the moment to bring their Home Theater Amps to the UK. But, it is something that they are considering as they want as much of their product available here, as it is in the US.
The more enquiries they get, can only help the cause and show them that the market is here.

Personally, I think it will happen but it'll take some time.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Monoprice have dropped the prices for these (which include shipping) and are having a Sale.

The THX-365T are now £340.43 each.
The THX-365C is now £272.34.
The THX-265B are now £238.30 each.

For the price these are an utter bargain considering their performance. They really are impressive speakers.

Last edited:

n0chex

Distinguished Member
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Monoprice have dropped the prices for these (which include shipping) and are having a Sale.

The THX-365T are now £340.43 each.
The THX-365C is now £272.34.
The THX-265B are now £238.30 each.

For the price these are an utter bargain considering their performance. They really are impressive speakers.

Don't forget the 20% discount code :)

The THX-365T With 20% Off £272:34 each.
The THX-365C With 20% Off £217:60.
The THX-265B With 20% Off £190:64 each.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Don't forget the 20% discount code :)

The THX-365T With 20% Off £272:34 each.
The THX-365C With 20% Off £217:60.
The THX-265B With 20% Off £190:64 each.

Not seen that code so I've emailed them. I'm guessing they must have decided to shift their stock.

Edit. Indeed there is a 20% discount code for orders over £150. :thumbsup:

Now got to work out how to fit some more speakers in....:rotfl:

Last edited:

Micr0

Novice Member
you guys got lucky I'm so jealous, the prices are now more than double and there's no 20% discount on top.

n0chex

Distinguished Member
20% discount still applies

2020-10-15 15_19_05-Information - Monoprice United Kingdom - Checkout and 6 more pages - Perso...jpg

Jase

Distinguished Member
For anyone interested in an LCR set:-

Monoprice increased their prices recently so these are a bargain.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
They are certainly good value for money and with the Atmos speaker built in too. They are pretty big though and that centre especially for under a tv.

How do these stack up sound quality/signature wise against say Arendal 1961's for instance. The Mono's are much bigger and not so nice to look at but are nearly half the price of the 1961's.

Jase

Distinguished Member
They are certainly good value for money and with the Atmos speaker built in too. They are pretty big though and that centre especially for under a tv.

How do these stack up sound quality/signature wise against say Arendal 1961's for instance. The Mono's are much bigger and not so nice to look at but are nearly half the price of the 1961's.

Bear in mind the Mono's are priced per unit rather than as a pair so not quite the bargain they once were. They've increased their prices recently but the 20% discount code is still valid.

I've not heard the Arendals but prefer the Mono's to all the M&K's I've ever owned.

n0chex

Distinguished Member

I personally think they are good looking and not the usual box design. I have mine under a 58" TV and looks fine.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Problem is nOchex my 65" tv sits on top a black IKEA Oppli bench like this one.

My amp players and current centre sit on the Oppli shelves, the Mono centre would have to sit on a stand in front of the Oppli and would look quite huge. I wouldn't mind too much but this set up is in our tastefully furnished living room and my wife would probably say WTF is that :D

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen