Monoprice Monolith THX Subwoofers

I’m scared to do that I fear for all my speakers, lol

-20 is my startup volume!

Wow guys , it’s took me a week to creep volume up to -30 with the wife in same room

0 or nothing. Jokes, listen loud but protect those ears, once they’re done they’re done.

great advice. I have a young daughter and when she cries sometimes she’s hitting 90db, nothing like the listening levels of the HT. she’ll cause me ear damage before it does I think 🙈😂

great advice. I have a young daughter and when she cries sometimes she’s hitting 90db, nothing like the listening levels of the HT. she’ll cause me ear damage before it does I think 🙈😂
One thing I've found, especially with lower distortion systems is that you tend to listen louder without even realising it. 100db with a fair amount of distotion sounds awful but 100db at low distortion is bearable. However 100db is still 100db and the damage is already being done. There are guidelines to follow for healthy ears in terms of exposure times. THX reference level is pretty much safe a few times a week!

Listen loud but also cautiously, hearing damage is irreversible.

I was joking. Pretending I couldn’t hear you.

Completely agree that hearing is to be protected. I have a very, very slight ringing so I’ve started to turn things down.

I was joking. Pretending I couldn’t hear you.

Completely agree that hearing is to be protected. I have a very, very slight ringing so I’ve started to turn things down.

Attachments

• C4630B10-A4B3-457F-8934-319B2AB29C16.png
    C4630B10-A4B3-457F-8934-319B2AB29C16.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 45
I thought some may find this fun. I tried the slow mo on my iPhone whilst running a bit of bass heavy action. It moves to full speed at the end.

Nice , My 15s are held up courier issues so their maybe 2 for sale i we can't get this resolved , I really hope it can be .

I paid fully Sunday or Monday , but the guy rang me today to say shipping to Ireland was becoming a issue , hopefully they will get it sorted as the have been great

Did you order from Monoprice US? if so how much was the shipping and duty if you don't mind sharing.:)

I did not realise the ones they had for sale were 15s just the straight 15.

Last edited:
It is a bit confusing as looking back over the Mono threads American Audio has referred to 15s in a couple of posts but on their site they only show the 15 which is vented rather than the 15s which is sealed.

I wasn't aware there had been any of the sealed subs available over here only the vented. Perhaps the buyer or AA could confirm what he is getting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom