Monoprice Monolith THX Subwoofers

Jase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These have now appeared on the Monoprice EU site.

Monolith 15 THX

Monolith 12 THX

Certainly look excellent value and have some great reviews already.

Monolith 15 Review

Monolith 12 and 15 Review

Monolith 12 (and 10) Review

After a bit of enquiring by myself and @DodgeTheViper it would appear there are some slight restrictions if you want to buy these Subs.

They can only be ordered in quantities of four as the warehouse will only ship in pallets of four. They will give a 10% discount if four are ordered though.

At the moment there's stock but once these are gone they won't have any again for the near future.

They're only available from the EU site (and US site if you want to pay extra duty etc) but not the UK site.

So, if you want four and can fit them in, it's a pretty good deal. Not so much if you don't want four, as you'll need to club together with other people who also want one or two.

Last edited:
Well that's a pain for those wanting less than four which would be 99.9% of potential customers.

With a group buy, other than the hassle of getting it all together there is the issue of warranty and how it would be handled.

Shame really.

I could get two in but four would have absolutely no chance. I guess that just kills any sales for them in the UK unfortunately.

😱

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-161630.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-161630.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 521
Damn, what a bummer.. :(
Big chance they're already gone by the time I'm ready to order (assuming I found someone to share)

Damn, what a bummer.. :(
Big chance they're already gone by the time I'm ready to order (assuming I found someone to share)

You don’t need to find someone to share ;)

I reckon you could squeeze 4 in your room Kev :D

Doable, but far from ideal or even practical. Might just have to be two PB16U’s.

You not tempted by the new Arendal Subs Kev?

I was at the initial announcement but the interest waned a little.

I don't know Dodge, if I were in the market for new ported (ahem!) subs the Monoliths would be a serious consideration along with PB16U. Having said that there's a lot to be gained going the DIY route and if your system allows I still reckon Infinite Baffle is the ultimate in terms of price/performance/sound quality. There just isn't anything comparable.

I don't know Dodge, if I were in the market for new ported (ahem!) subs the Monoliths would be a serious consideration along with PB16U. Having said that there's a lot to be gained going the DIY route and if your system allows I still reckon Infinite Baffle is the ultimate in terms of price/performance/sound quality. There just isn't anything comparable.

I hear what you’re saying but the Monoliths have proved themselves to basically be unavailable, which is a dam shame tbh.
I get the DIY route and while I am fairly handy and not that unknowledgeable, I just don’t feel that it’s for me. I don’t really have the facilities either tbh.

You don’t need to find someone to share ;)
Haha, I'm definitely getting kicked out if I order 4 :D

I get the DIY route and while I am fairly handy and not that unknowledgeable, I just don’t feel that it’s for me. I don’t really have the facilities either tbh.
Same here.. I haven't tried Arendal, but they just seem less value for the money, and PSA is just too expensive for me. My first choice is still dual Rythmik FVX15, but shipping + VAT makes this pretty expensive as well. The Monoliths seemed to offer a very good middle ground and potential solution.
However, with the way the USD/EUR exchange rate is evolving, it's getting closer to the point I might actually consider Rythmik. Not sure how GBP is doing, but go EUR! :p

Last edited:
I hear what you’re saying but the Monoliths have proved themselves to basically be unavailable, which is a dam shame tbh.

Fair enough. If I had my heart set on a couple of ported subs, I'd find a way to make them Monoliths available!;) Just saying.:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom