Monolith THX-265B vs Monolith THX-365T

thisisjimmi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried both Monolith THX-265B vs Monolith THX-365T and could share their experience with them?

I am thinking of using them as my left and right channels for my open plan living room for movies/music 50/50 with a decent subwoofer (model TBC) for moderate volume levels. Right now I have Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers which I like a lot and the mean reason for changing is the fact that I want the atmos upfireing speakers so I can enable atoms and they are a nice all in one package.

I have 265s on order to place on speaker stands but I am thinking of an alternative approach to get the 365 and place them on top of subwoofers. At this point it would really help me to know your feedback regarding 265 vs 365, please.

1662403780997.png

There's my 365's on top of my Mono 12" THX subs they look great don't they😁at least I think so.😍
I also have 265's as surrounds to complete my setup.

The 365's are a step up from 265 as they have 2 woofers and a mid range and tweeter to the 265 single woofer and tweeter. If you have the budget go for 365's.

1662403992321.png

The bigger speakers are more efficient. The little ones will need 2x the power to reach the same SPL as the bigger models

@thisisjimmi if you want either the 365 or 265 they are available now from Monolith ebay store at even better prices and more reason to go for the 365's as they are cheaper now than before.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Also if you look at the top of the ebay shop there is a 15% disc code FANCY15 to save even more.😍

I don't know how long that will be on for though so make hay while the sun shines.😁

Thank you kbfern. Great setup looks like you have it all! I bet that sounds fantastic. The challenge I have is that TV cabinet. I just remeasured and even if I removed all from my middle part of the cabinet I cannot fit the 365c width wise by few cm! So I am rethinking it all. It's a challenge to find a decent centre that's not huge. I am thinking Arendal 1961, they are much smaller, but I am concern the Marantz 1711 might not be powerful for them. It gets complicated.
I appreciate you help!

I was originally going for the 77" Sony OLED and had I done that the centre would have been an issue till I found a TV stand that I could use where the tv would be high enough to fit the centre under. In the end i bought the 83" and it fitted by standing the tv on the two subs.

But you could get the fitueyes one below and have it on the highest setting and the 365c would fit below on the tv stand base.

hey thank you kbfern, I did not think about such solution - thanks!
That's a powerful setup you have there, I have a 77" a80j myself and think it's too big lol

hey thank you kbfern, I did not think about such solution - thanks!
That's a powerful setup you have there, I have a 77" a80j myself and think it's too big lol
That's only his small system. Go on, ask to see his big one. :eek:
Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just ordered 365Ts and a 365C for my new system from their eBay store. Matched it with their on walls for rears (couldn't swing bookshelf sized speakers for the rears, wouldn't go down very well!). Looking forward to having it all set up in few weeks 😀

If you purchase via their eBay store do they pay all the import fees etc to the UK?

Below is taken from their ebay shop and is a bit unclear as it seems to suggest you will pay local taxes in the uk. This does conflict with what has been said before to other purchasers via ebay.

When purchasing from Monolith uk website there have been no taxes etc due this end.

I would contact karoline @ Monoprice for confirmation.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
As Blackbart has just had a delivery with no duties etc I guess you should be ok :thumbsup:

Yeah, I just paid on ebay at the advertised price. They were supposed to arrive at the end of September, already arrived and sitting under my desk at work waiting for the living room to be decorated!

Have you had a look at one yet they are lovely speakers and sound great hope you get the decorating done asap mate you are going to love them. :D

Just considering subs to match at the moment. Been on a buy-sell-buy-sell spree over the past few months looking for stuff that fits my room and looks right.

Have 2 x SVS SB100-Pros and a single SB13-Ultra sitting in the living room ready for testing. Sorely tempted to get a pair of the THX 10s though (not enough space for the 12 unfortunately). Must resist the urge until I can test though!

Test what you have first and see what they can deliver, if not happy the Dual 10's would give some decent bass that's for sure but being ported will sound different to the sealed SVS subs.

The ported will go lower but probably not have the mid range slam in the THX 10" size the 12" has it in spades but you can't fit them in.

Yeah I will test, have multiple locations to try out in the room.

Problem is I'm impatient, so I end up buying stuff and then thinking oooh what about......and so on ! Thankfully I have the sense to buy mainly second hand 😅

There's my 365's on top of my Mono 12" THX subs they look great don't they😁at least I think so.😍
I also have 265's as surrounds to complete my setup.

The 365's are a step up from 265 as they have 2 woofers and a mid range and tweeter to the 265 single woofer and tweeter. If you have the budget go for 365's.

View attachment 1748033
May i ask at what angle are your 265s at relative to your MLP? Or do you have them directly to the sides or at the back wall pointing straight out?

They are placed at the side walls facing inwards towards the sofa and are at ear height when seated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom