Monolith THX 10 vs BK Subwoofer, UK buying advise

N1ck

Maybe a positive is the Mono finish. Mono finish is very durable and ugly to begin with so kids scratching it basically ruining it is quite impossible.

SVS (and Arendal) have really lovely finishes but definitely are going to be prone to scratches etc. which will stick out more.

The SVS finish I saw on the ported models looked so much better than I was expecting, very durable. Mind you I didn’t stab it with scissors or anything to test it but it did seem very tough and well made.

essgee

I've ordered the BK P12-300SB-PR after several weeks of deliberation. No ports for toys to be stuffed in and should give me a bit more than my trusty xls200.

TJOY

Novice Member
Finally order SVS PB 1000 from AV, Initial days now getting used to the rumbles & room shaking bass. But some how feeling the other sounds has a drop in volume, is there something inthe AVR setting im missing here?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Finally order SVS PB 1000 from AV, Initial days now getting used to the rumbles & room shaking bass. But some how feeling the other sounds has a drop in volume, is there something inthe AVR setting im missing here?

Tough to guess how you have setup your system, but i listed things you should check after Audussey run which you have done after adding the SVS. See here:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom