Monolith Subwoofer cabiinet cherry DF

Such

Prominent Member
Reaction score
For all you DIYers, I have a monolith sub cabinet for sale here in the classifieds as I am changing to gloss black.

Will be available in a few weeks but posted here to gauge interest

thanks and good luck with your builds:smashin:

Could well be :)

that's the one:smashin:

You are allowed to link to it yourself, but in case you were holding back I thought I'd do it for you :)

pics now posted :thumbsup:

My gloss black monolith cabinet is due on Friday.
I was thinking of changing the feet to some alu or silver. Looked at the feet on the rel t series which are square and enquired with rel who did not have them but had the other feet on their top range which cost £30 each.

Does anyone know a supplier where I can perhaps get some made for a bit less? Would be happy with round if needed. Also one foot needs to be fitted before the port goes so is needed pretty soon.

Does anyone have spare feet?

Thanks

Thanks for that but after something that will elevate the already good looks:smashin:

thanks, I think I'll stick with the existing feet as I have left it a bit late as one foot needs to be fitted before the port tube is put in due to lack of space after to access the screw head.

thanks anyway:hiya:

To be fair i don't really like any of those ive linked to either and i'm in the exact position of wanting some nice! steel feet also and can't find any................i think i'll take a look in b&q ikea etc.

how much did you pay for the new cab please, im sure you said £180 but cant find it.

ended up paying £160 for gloss black including the port. I did collect it though.

ended up paying £160 for gloss black including the port. I did collect it though.
ok thanks, thats a great price.

much cheaper than buying a new M+
The missus likes it so much that I jested with her that I would get another to replace a coffee table ....... and she agreed :eek:

So now I have a project - to turn my cherry veneered cabinet into gloss black and then buy the parts and rebuild it.

Any suggestions to help with the gloss black conversion is much appreciated.

thanks

Such said:
much cheaper than buying a new M+
The missus likes it so much that I jested with her that I would get another to replace a coffee table ....... and she agreed :eek:

So now I have a project - to turn my cherry veneered cabinet into gloss black and then buy the parts and rebuild it.

Any suggestions to help with the gloss black conversion is much appreciated.

thanks

Send it to a car body repairer!! It's difficult to get a gloss black finish :laugh:

Send it to a car body repairer!! It's difficult to get a gloss black finish :laugh:

cheers for that, do i need to do any prep first, like smoothing and any idea how much they would charge?

thanks

Do what I was going to do with it and get it painted by a car body shop. My m8 was going to do it for £40.

Such said:
cheers for that, do i need to do any prep first, like smoothing and any idea how much they would charge?

thanks

I wouldn't do any prep, in all honesty, your more likely to cause work for the repairer, unless you specifically know what you're doing.

I would imagine, if there's not much damage to fill and smooth, you would be looking at roughly £140 ish. Bear in mind it would likely need about 1/2 litre of paint and about 1/2 litre of laquer too. That's roughly £70 materials. Obviously, get a few quotes first.

Do what I was going to do with it and get it painted by a car body shop. My m8 was going to do it for £40.

Think I'll do that then, so no sanding required then?

Also, do i need to use the same driver that BK use? I will get their standard mono amp and perhaps their driver, but not sure of the cost as its not listed on the website

thanks

I wouldn't do any prep, in all honesty, your more likely to cause work for the repairer, unless you specifically know what you're doing.

I would imagine, if there's not much damage to fill and smooth, you would be looking at roughly £140 ish. Bear in mind it would likely need about 1/2 litre of paint and about 1/2 litre of laquer too. That's roughly £70 materials. Obviously, get a few quotes first.

Wow it would be cheaper then to get a new one in that case. I have to find a mate who does body work!!
cheers

Think I'll do that then, so no sanding required then?

Also, do i need to use the same driver that BK use? I will get their standard mono amp and perhaps their driver, but not sure of the cost as its not listed on the website

thanks

For the prep, me personally, I was going to fill, sand, then a couple of coats of high build primer. Then scratch coat it and wet flatten with 600, then 1200 wet and dry. My m8 was going to suppy the paint and lacquer. I was going to use eminence lab 12 and 500w amp to make it the same as my mono+ the lab 12 is £129 and the amp £270 from bk.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom