Monolith M-215 Vs KK DXD12012

LuvCVs

Hi

I have the DXD 12012, never thought I'd part with it, but, seeing the Monolith M-215 subwoofer has seriously got me thinking...

I can get one adapted, UK plug etc etc for £1900, but there is not much out there for reviews, few I have seen its been amazing, but still do not know how it would stand up against the DXD, even got a new DXD1000 out now which I think is dual 1000w rated amps, still 12" drivers, but the monolith dual 15" drivers.

Has anyone heard one?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Get a PSA S1812 or new Arendal sub both will out perform your DXD12012

Then again if he wants one LARGE ported sub the M-215 will be quite different animal to those PSA / Arendal models. :)

Weight216 lbs. (98 kg)

LuvCVs

Yeah, the Monoliths are alot better than most. Wanted a Paradigm Sub 2 but they are going for over 4k still. But this beast will do good, not a bad price either, 1.9k, sad thing is - is that they are not really that much heard of over here from the US.

fatboy frank

Distinguished Member
Then again if he wants one LARGE ported sub the M-215 will be quite different animal to those PSA / Arendal models. :)

Weight216 lbs. (98 kg)

If he wants one "Really Large" ported sub how about this? TV42 Ipal

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Let me see if there is any coming across on the container from the USA, due the end of this month.

DodgeTheViper

Let me see if there is any coming across on the container from the USA, due the end of this month.

That would be good if you can find out what’s on it. I also wonder if and when we may see the newer models :D

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
I doubt new stuff will be on it, i am hoping some electronics but thats a long shot too.

DodgeTheViper

I doubt new stuff will be on it, i am hoping some electronics but thats a long shot too.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t thinking the newer stuff would be on this shipment, rather if it would come here at some point.

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Yes we have the only 15" THX's left in Europe.

3 left.

Just waiting for pricing and stock to stabilise and we'll bring the rest of the THX range into the UK.

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
The new stuff will certainly come across, but i expect in the new year.

LuvCVs

Yes we have the only 15" THX's left in Europe.

3 left.

Just waiting for pricing and stock to stabilise and we'll bring the rest of the THX range into the UK.

Ah, cool. I saw these on Monoprice. Would I get a better deal with you direct?

New stuff? Have you got better, more powerful models coming next year? But, at the same sort of prices? I'm limited to $2500 :(

LuvCVs

American Audio, forgot to ask the other site a question... Is it 220v? If not could it be converted before shipping? I don't want to use a stepdown transformer...

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
Yes, they come preset, fixed at 230v Amp module and an EU plug, but we supply a UK one when we test before shipping.

We will be doing a little BF deal on the last ones if anyone is interested.

LuvCVs

Yes, they come preset, fixed at 230v Amp module and an EU plug, but we supply a UK one when we test before shipping.

We will be doing a little BF deal on the last ones if anyone is interested.

Cool. I wont be able to get mine for a few weeks yet, but, do monoprice charge for delivery or you?

AmericanAudio

AVForums Sponsor
We have them here in the uk and no, no shipping charges.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom