Monolith Filter Problem?

adamduk

Hi All,

I would like some advice - I'm using both high and low level inputs on my Monolith - High so I can listen to music in 'pure direct' mode on my amp, and Low connected to my LFE output for TV / Movies.

I find that the frequency contour / filter control is best left lower than 'wide open' to cancel the full range from the speaker output and to better integrate (with my ears anyway) with my speakers.

Tonight however the Monolith only makes a noise when the contour control is clicked to wide open - out of that click position it's mute... ie not right!

Am I missing something or is it broken? Nowhere in the manual does it say that you can't connect the two inputs at the same time.

Cheers,

Adam

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
What amp are you using and what xover/settings on the amp have you got .........and have you set the front speakers to fullrange.

adamduk

It's a Yamaha 757 SE. It outputs full range to the fronts on 'pure direct' and the xover is set at 80hz for the LFE out - ie when any other soundfield is used.

One moment it was working - next time it was switched on, it wasn't :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom