Monolith DF and Weapons of Bass Destruction!

Showoff

Distinguished Member
OMG!!! What a great sub the monolith is. :smashin:

I was clearing out my CD cabinet yesterday and came across an unopened freebie CD called "Weapons of Bass Destruction" (or something) that came with a Fast Car magazine probably back in the mid 90's.

It starts off with 5 or 6 tracks that I think I'm a little too old for now, more suited to a 17-18 year old with a Ford Fiesta and a boot full of bass tubes and amps worth 5 times the value of the car.

It then continues with 4-5 sound effects like explosions and thunder storms etc. followed by a few odd bassy notes one of which called Supa(something??) sounds incredible.

Then my personal favorite track called 33Hz (one for the honey'z) :rotfl:

Finishing up with about 25 or so test tones from 30Hz to about 80Hz.

I'm sure these can't be that good for the sub, so played a few at low(ish) volume but what CD! I thought the house was going to crumble into a pile of dust! :eek:

I've also discovered that there is something loose on my front door as it rattles like mad on a few of these tracks. :devil:

As this was a freebie it may not be copy written and if it's not and if someone can advise how, I'll get this uploaded so it can be shared with you all. The track 33Hz (one for the honey'z) may be just what you need to persuade SWMBO that a giant sub will suit the lounge after all. :thumbsup:

Tyler Durden

Distinguished Member
I would be interested in a copy.

Just rip it to a lossless format like FLAC and upload it to one of the many file serving websites.

Showoff

Distinguished Member
I've ripped the CD into FLAC as a .wav file and had a go at uploading it to Megaupload, but it was going to take about 6 months to complete, so I gave up! :mad:

Any better ideas?

I did upload my favorite track from the CD as a taster...

SUPAKNOB

:devil:

I'll leave the CD to upload overnight, if it's done by the morning I'll post up the links to the other tracks.

MODS: If this infringes any copyright please feel free to delete the thread, it was a freebie CD though?

Last edited:

Showoff

Distinguished Member
See the full listing HERE

phil2009

Just tried them, the effects dont really make my xls200 work much, unless I have it set up wrong?

Showoff

Distinguished Member
Just tried them, the effects dont really make my xls200 work much, unless I have it set up wrong?
I can only suggest you have it set up wrong then, as they all make my house shake with the Monolith. Did you try the Supaknob effect? It's great!

Edit: I've just downloaded "Supaknob" myself and tried it out on my PC's Logitech Z5500 system, it's nowhere near as good as the Monolith, but still creates quite an effect, so it must be your settings.

Last edited:

phil2009

I can only suggest you have it set up wrong then, as they all make my house shake with the Monolith. Did you try the Supaknob effect? It's great!

Edit: I've just downloaded "Supaknob" myself and tried it out on my PC's Logitech Z5500 system, it's nowhere near as good as the Monolith, but still creates quite an effect, so it must be your settings.

Yeah those make the sub work but the thunder, jet ect effects dont make the sub work, but then again I didnt have it very loud.

tvdavid

I've ripped the CD into FLAC as a .wav file and had a go at uploading it to Megaupload, but it was going to take about 6 months to complete, so I gave up! :mad:

Any better ideas?

I did upload my favorite track from the CD as a taster...

SUPAKNOB

:devil:

I'll leave the CD to upload overnight, if it's done by the morning I'll post up the links to the other tracks.

MODS: If this infringes any copyright please feel free to delete the thread, it was a freebie CD though?

Have just tested this on my epos els but it dont work.

By the way you must check out this

YouTube - THX Boston Acoustics Bass Test CD Woofer Cooker high quality sound

It should make both of your subs go mad.

tvdavid

russyj

Novice Member
Oddly after reading this and playing with some of the tones, I pulled out my Tipper - Sound Off cd, which has some of these at the end. Knobby, Lo Sweep, Scale, Supaknob, Sweepy and Twisty are all attributed to Bass Mekanik. Just an FYI.

Regards, Russ

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom