Monolith and humming, cable casuing this help

Meridius

Hi all I own a monolith and do u get any slight buzzing or humming from your sub when set about 12 o'clock and over ? It seems not to happen when I unplug the sub cable from the amp.

It's like it had some sort of feedback do u think it's the cable ? I am using the one that came with it. I had this since I bought it but wanted to know if a better cable or some sort of sub cable would fix this.

Cheers

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Get a better cable. I bought a mark grant sub cable and this stopped this problem straightaway when i had it.

Meridius

So would you say these mark grant cables are the best ? As I never herd of them.

Are these quality cables or is there better at the same price point

I know you said it would reduce the hum but will it improve the performance of the subs sound

Cheers

Last edited:

Meridius

anyone ? just need to know

Meridius

Anyone got the site for these cables and are u sure there ok ?

Thanks

jonna

Distinguished Member
I've ordered 2 of these cables from them in the past and have been more than pleased with the service and quality. :smashin:.

Meridius

Did it improve the sound from the sub ? Thinking of getting one of hese next week.

Cheers

jetsetjimbo

I doubt you'll notice a significant audible improvement in sound but it should sort out the humming issue.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Seems a bit odd that you need the gain up as high as 12 oclock. You could try turning it down a bit (10 maybe) and increase the level at amp end, though you have to be careful incase of overloading the input at the sub. This will reduce any noise induced by the cable relative to the signal: Increased signal to noise ratio. :) Probably wouldn't hurt to try a better insulated cable though, but I wouldn't expect to hear any difference in terms of sound quality.

You next move should be to get an Antimode 8033C, I use one with mine and it's a good upgrade. :thumbsup:

Meridius

cheers i do have it set at 10 oclock which i dont hear the hum but just wanted to see if i could get the hum to stop. just somthing to spend my cash on , lol

just might as well see if i could stop that hum altogether

what is this Antimode 8033C ? ar ethey anygood and how hard are they to setup

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom