Monoclonal antibody therapy

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently undergoing Phase 3 trials in USA, Dr Fauci and the former head of ObamaCare both expect monoclonal antibody therapy to be ready in time for winter which should bridge the gap for vulnerable groups until vaccines are deployed.

I haven't looked into it recently, but my understanding was this technology isn't cheap?

I haven't looked into it recently, but my understanding was this technology isn't cheap?
Probably not, but it’s going to get cheaper when we make x million of them!!

It’s all good stuff. I’m still trying to work out why it’s easier to make an artificial antibody to a viral protein, rather than inject the isolated viral protein into you as a method of getting your immune system to do the work. I’m not going to worry about it too much, as these lads are very obviously much brighter than I.

Just had a read of how these things can be used to carry radioactive substances as a targeted attack against tumours. Clever stuff, combining targeted immunology with radiotherapy. :smashin::smashin:

I am at the paddling stage I'm afraid.

We need every option.

Professor Doherty seems enthusiastic about Australia ordering in Sotrovimab doses.

:clap:

At the start I was slightly allamad but then it began to make sense. 😂

Seriously, thank you for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom