1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mono sound with Digi Sat?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Blaz, May 15, 2003.

1. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again!

[1] Like most of you already know by now, I've purchased my first 100Hz Digi+ TV from Sony (KV-LS65), yeah go ahead laugh your ass' off;) , and I have a problem. When I watch Digi Sat the sound is in "mono". The Digi Sat is hooked to my fathers TV and then to my room. My father can watch Sat. with stereo sound so why can't I?

[2] One more question: I've hooked my A/V Receiver and dvd to my TV. DVD to AVR with Optical cable, Dvd to TV with SCART. When I watch TV I want the sound through my B&W speakers also. How can I manage that? I can only the sound through my sourround system while watching DVD's

[3] Last question, yea I know I know :suicide:

Ok, here goes; Is it normal that CD's are louder than DVD's? If you know what I mean. Ex: When I listen to my Red Hot Chilli Peppers cd, then it's loud at the vol. setting -30/-35. When I watch a DVD then the vol. setting has to be at -20/-25 to get the same effect as the CD. Thnx in advance people!

Yea, I'm new to all this, but hopefully I will learn someday ;)

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I) U can only get stereo from SKY when u connect using a SCART cable, so when u feed the second telly u are on a coax so no stereo. U could use a video sender to get over this.

2) Yes, CD's are louder than DVD's

3) Sorry need morte detail on this one.

gb-

3. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you mean question #2

wWhat more info do you want? And thnx for your response by the way...

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    On the back of the TV there is probably a pair of phono sockets ... these can be connected to any spare line-in on your amp.

Vikki

5. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Of course! Thnx! I have some phono cables around somewhere, you know the standard cables you get when you purchase a dvd player etc.

I was looking at some TaraLabs phono cables for about 15-20£. Can you hear any difference with these cables if you compare them to the standard "red/white" phono cables?

6. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Always get the best cables u can afford but don't go mad.

gb--