Mono Jack to 2 RCA sockets adaptor for BFD

surrey lad

why are you using a mono to 2 RCA??

AngelEyes

Can't you just use both BFD channels? One for each sub?
Unless the subs are stacked they will be generating different room reactions anyway, won't they?

Godfather

AngelEyes said:
Can't you just use both BFD channels? One for each sub?
Unless the subs are stacked they will be generating different room reactions anyway, won't they?
I could use both channels but I prefer to EQ the summed response. My subs are not stacked but are placed symmetrically in a rectangular room so their indiviual responses are fairly similar to each other. Actually the summed response is +/- 3dB from 30Hz to 80Hz with no EQ whatsoever, but due to room gain there is a +10dB rise between 20 and 30Hz which is what I use the BFD to tame.

Godfather

I've been using a mono jack to single rca adaptor and then a rca splitter, so what I want is a good quality adaptor to replace both.

AngelEyes

Lucky you, I keep expecting everyone else to have the same problems I have :)

surrey lad

if you split the signal before the BFD, then it would add the extra capability to individually equalize the two subs in case they aren't exactly the same. If they were the same, it would still only require one set of filter inputs in 'couple' mode?

AngelEyes

surrey lad said:
if you split the signal before the BFD, then it would add the extra capability to individually equalize the two subs in case they aren't exactly the same. If they were the same, it would still only require one set of filter inputs in 'couple' mode?
My thoughts exactly...

suniil

Godfather

suniil said:
Not the exact splitter, but i've got a half-decent, gold plated phono splitter from MarK Grant.

I'm planning to it for same purpose (slightly different), split LFE out and fed to BFD. Then output of BFDs will be connected to 2 subs.

If you need i can post some pics tonight
Thanks but I already have some phono y splitters.

eviljohn2

surrey lad said:
This is exactly what I do with my subs. It's a better way of sending the signals to the subs as the electrical impedence mismatch caused by splitting only goes as far as the BFD which has nice robust inputs.

Each sub then gets it's own dedicated signal so only "sees" the single BFD output rather than the other sub too. :)