Mono amplifier with response down to 10Hz required

Pandora

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I've purchased a Dayton Audio BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts 4 ohms
BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts

It has a frequency response of 10-80 Hz. I am going to use to create a vibration test plate which should vibrate in this frequency range.

Please can anyone recommend a suitable low-cost amplifier which will provide a mono output as low as 10Hz? It will ideally operate off 240VAC or 12VDC.

This one purports to have a frequency response down to 3Hz:
Velleman VM100 200W Power Amplifier MODULE | Quasar Electronics UK

This one looks ok for spec but is a bit expensive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/auna-C500-2-Amplifier-2-Channel-Power/dp/B0787D8N6Y

Budget is up to £60. Thanks for your help - I'm an audio novice.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Can I ask where you bought the BST-1 from?

Are you just going with one?

Is it being mounted in a chair or sofa?

As for an amp...you could pick up a cheap AV amp off gumtree that has 5.1 channel inputs and use that....if you have a few drivers, they can each be on thier own channel of the amp....

Any plate amplifier will also do this, but they may be out of your price range.

If you buy the Vellemann module, you need to factor in a suitable case, transformer, cabling and connectors etc. It depends what your electronic skills are and how much time you have to invest.

The car stereo amp you linked to will require a very meaty power supply - which will not be cheap. You will need about 15A minimum @ 12V. I doubt it would actually perform to the published specs either.

You could try this: MF100 which is a fully built module, just requiring a case and hook up to power and signal. Very reliable and easy to integrate and power bandwidth down to 1Hz!

You could try this: MF100 which is a fully built module, just requiring a case and hook up to power and signal. Very reliable and easy to integrate and power bandwidth down to 1Hz!

Thanks, that looks decent. A bit more than my budget but maybe,as you say, I'm not being realistic.

Can I ask where you bought the BST-1 from?

Are you just going with one?

Is it being mounted in a chair or sofa?

As for an amp...you could pick up a cheap AV amp off gumtree that has 5.1 channel inputs and use that....if you have a few drivers, they can each be on thier own channel of the amp....

Purchased from Dayton Audio BST-1 High Power Pro Tactile Bass Shaker 50 Watts
At the time, it was a lot cheaper to buy in Euros and have it sent over (carriage was fairly cheap.

i'm not proposing (yet) to put it on a chair. I want to make a vibration table.

I have a couple of these. Only ever attached one to the sofa before I came across a used quake /buttkicker amp became available locally at a good price. Rattle the sofa well the couple of times I used it fed off a Behringer A500 stereo amp and I didnt even unbox the second one. Fot me I like the option of setting a lower crossover than the subs for a shaker so a high crossover might be useful to you so that probably means a plateamp.
I did buy a mini class d amp to drive the two of them that was less than your budger but never got around to unboxing it. I am wiriing the surround sound upthis weekend again after a reconfigure so I'll test the amp for you and let you know as I'm sure its still connected to the sofa.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom