Monkey, New Episodes

Garrett

Thirteen un-aired episodes of Monkey have been found and two of the original actors who did the original voices are doing the voiceovers for the found epiodes. Andrew Sachs as Yu-Lung and David Collings as Monkey.

Picture of David Collings

Attachments

PoochJD

Garrett,

The 13 unseen episodes are actually already on UK DVD releases of "Monkey", albeit subtitled in English, with the original Japanese audio.

The new-translation into English, will be done for Channel 4, so they can air them on UK TV, after they finish the current late-night run of the show.

What would be nice, though, is to see all 52 episodes, shown in the correct order, once they have been translated into English!

Pooch

Garrett

What was the quote they use to say?? Do not despise the serpent for who to say, one day it may become a dragon???????

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
I always preferred the more serious The Water Margin to Monkey, but Monkey was pretty much required viewing when I was at school. I don't think I've ever met anyone of my age (mid 40's) that didn't watch it.
I think it's great that Masaaki Kurihara is still racing cars, in a band and acting. I hope when I get to 72 I still have that kind of enthusiasm for life :smashin:

They used to show quite a few dubbed TV shows back in the 70's and 80's iirc. Favourites for me were some of the European ones like The Secret Of Steel City, Strogoff and The Flashing Blade when it was the original serious version before they cut it down and re-dubbed it into a juvenile comedy

Garrett

I always preferred the more serious The Water Margin to Monkey, but Monkey was pretty much required viewing when I was at school. I don't think I've ever met anyone of my age (mid 40's) that didn't watch it.
I think it's great that Masaaki Kurihara is still racing cars, in a band and acting. I hope when I get to 72 I still have that kind of enthusiasm for life :smashin:

They used to show quite a few dubbed TV shows back in the 70's and 80's iirc. Favourites for me were some of the European ones like The Secret Of Steel City, Strogoff and The Flashing Blade when it was the original serious version before they cut it down and re-dubbed it into a juvenile comedy
I prefered The Water Margin as well.
What was the quote they use to say?? Do not despise the serpent for who to say, one day it may become a dragon???????
:eek:crap wrong program, but I almost got the quote right. I knew it was Burt Kwouk that said it.

Garrett

The Flashing Blade when it was the original serious version before they cut it down and re-dubbed it into a juvenile comedy
Quote from Wiki
The scripts for the new comic soundtrack were written by the award-winning dramatist Russell T Davies.
For me Dr Who never been the same since he got his hands on it(not in a good way I add).

Garrett

so it's him that completely ruined The Flashing Blade? Sounds about right :rolleyes:
I can remember when he was about to take over Dr Who and I think he said his(or one of his greatest achievements) was getting the first line in a series sh*t or something like that and though it does not bode well for Dr Who(for me anyway as I know lots love his style).