Monitoring temperature in French house from UK

HomeAlone

Novice Member
I have a simple remote sensing requirement but can't find a solution.
I have a second home in France. It has CCTV (Arlo) which I can see what's what by remote apps on phone and on my PC from the UK.
All I want is to see is what the temperature is inside the house (and also outside if possible).
I can see some products but they are thermostats to control heating etc.
Temperature measurement -> Hub -> Router -> app on PC or phone in UK.
Anyone with ideas to help?
Many thanks

jonnystuartUK

HomeAlone

Novice Member
These may fit the bill?

They do a powered version too

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a look at the system (Shelly H&T). I can't determine from their manuals whether on not I can remotely over the Internet display the current temperature in real time. I know it can push data at regular intervals.
Thanks.

MaryWhitehouse

The Philips Hue motion sensor has a thermometer so with a Bridge you should be able to monitor the temp here. If you use iOS then it will show up in Home too which can be a bit easier to see.

jonnystuartUK

Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a look at the system (Shelly H&T). I can't determine from their manuals whether on not I can remotely over the Internet display the current temperature in real time. I know it can push data at regular intervals.
Thanks.
Good question, I guess if it's connected to their cloud it should be real time. Try their support, it's pretty good.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
I have one of these WiFi temperature and humidity sensors in my garden.
Amazon product

It provides a real-time display via the app, and a graph.
Screenshot_20220216-163703_Smart Life.jpg Screenshot_20220216-164604_Smart Life.jpg

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Thank you for your suggestion. I did look at this some time ago. Yes its WiFi but its not connected to an external device such as a router so that I can monitor from abroad over the Internet. At least thats my understanding.
Mine is connected to my router and so can see the temperature in my garden from anywhere I can get a phone signal or WiFi access.

HomeAlone

Novice Member
Mine is connected to my router and so can see the temperature in my garden from anywhere I can get a phone signal or WiFi access.
OK, I missed that. So presumably you have paired the device with your router in some way - how did you do that.
At the other end I would have to get the phone app to connect to the router. Again how did you do that?
Appreciate the help.
Thanks.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
OK, I missed that. So presumably you have paired the device with your router in some way - how did you do that.
At the other end I would have to get the phone app to connect to the router. Again how did you do that?
Appreciate the help.
Thanks.
It was over a year ago so can't be specific, but it will be very similar to Smart Life bulbs etc..

You need to be connected to your host network at your second home.

1. Install the app and create an account
2. Ensure your router is putting out 2.4GHz
3. Power up the device
4. Hit the + icon in the app and follow the prompts

There is a small leaflet with every product.

HomeAlone

Novice Member
It was over a year ago so can't be specific, but it will be very similar to Smart Life bulbs etc..

You need to be connected to your host network at your second home.

1. Install the app and create an account
2. Ensure your router is putting out 2.4GHz
3. Power up the device
4. Hit the + icon in the app and follow the prompts

There is a small leaflet with every product.
Thank you very much. I will be in France very soon so will check out the network down there first.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom