• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor with card reader

wildy01

Is there such a thing as a monitor with a card reader built in?

I'm wanting to set up a tft / lcd monitor to view pictures without a pc, like a digital picture frame, but on a minimum of 17 inch display.

Any suggestions? I'm look to spend between £100-£150

Cheers

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
I am not surprised that nobody replied.
In a nutshell I don't think you'll find one and certainly not within your desired price range because of lack of market demand or cost/benefit from the point of the monitor manufacturer.
A card reader requires quite a bit of extra circuitry and processing / intelligence - and most people would simply use a card reader in or attached to the PC that a monitor is basically designed to connect to. A monitor is a failry dumb beast compared to a TV.
It's much more common on televisions where the function is more useful as well as cheaper to add coupled to the existing TV's processor.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom