Monitor Will not work

delboyuk2005uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I recently moved house, and before I moved house I took out the memory stick out my pc to see how much memory I had. then simply put them back in.

now I have come to reconnect everything back up and my monitor will not come on. when i boot up it has the green led light on the monitor then after a second or 2 changes to orange and thats it nothing else happens.

I have tryed the monitor using another pc and it works.

I need to know what the problem with using the monitor on my pc is?

can any 1 help?

Could be something has come loose inside the PC during the move which often causes these problems.

If you don't see the bios, re-seat everything inside, if you get the bios, go into safe mode and change the resolution to something lower.

The problem is the monitor was working with the pc.
But now I am getting nothing when connected to the pc just the orange led light.
bearing in mind the monitor works with another pc as i tested it.

so you recommend to messed around a bit more inside the pc.

when i unplug the monitor cable off the pc the monitor them comes on and asks for a video cable so i connect it back up then the screen goes off and orange led again

more help needed

Sounds like something has been nudged in the house move and its failing the bios check.

I'd re-seat everything and go from there

Check you have inserted your memory sticks fully.

Does the PC make any Beeps?

Steve

no the pc does not make any beeps

ill re seat everything and see what happens

yes i inserted the memory sticks properly

I'd say it was more likely that your Pc is not booting up rather than a problem with the monitor.

When you power on, it will probably emit a series of beeps which can be interpretated as a fault code. Tell us how many beeps it makes.

When you removed the memory, did you use antistatic precautions whilst handling it?

delboyuk2005uk said:
I recently moved house, and before I moved house I took out the memory stick out my pc to see how much memory I had. then simply put them back in.

I'd say your monitor is in perfect working order, and you haven't put the memory back in your PC correctly.

what happens if its been static damaged?

I have inserted them properly yes?

I will try and listen out for some beeps.

Generally if the have been damaged by static, they won't work, but I would expect beeps.

If you have more than 1 module, try 1 at a time.

Steve

delboyuk2005uk said:
what happens if its been static damaged?

I have inserted them properly yes?

I will try and listen out for some beeps.

Make sure you put the memory back in the correct slot.

Had this a couple of times, reseat the RAM properly, it's easy to think you've done it right but you haven't.

Take note of the slots and line the module up accordingly, dissconnect the PC from everything before doing this and earth yourself by touching the water pipes on a radiator.

If everything is fitted correctly and it is still a no go try removing the cell battery from the motherboard and refitting it after a few seconds.

Liam

Can you attach the monitor to another PC or laptop? That will instantly determine whether it is functional or not. If it works then it points the finger back at the PC.

the monitor works am assuming it is the memory as i was messing with it before i moved house.

i can see lines 1-92 and 93 so on on the memory how do i line them up

Have you tried it with no memory? Does the same thing happen?

Do you have a graphics card, or is the video integrated? If the former, would be worth re-seating the graphics card as they can come loose.

i remember trying with no memory last night, same thing happened.

must be soemthing else

am home around 6 so will give it a try then

thanks for yers help

delboyuk2005uk said:
i remember trying with no memory last night, same thing happened.

must be soemthing else

am home around 6 so will give it a try then

thanks for yers help

dont that say somet to ur if you tried with no memory and same thing happened ????(memory)unless as someone said r u using a graphic card (inwhich u could try reslotting) or if u using built in onboard graphics in that case borrow a graphics card and fit it....that eliminates ur graphic card. me personally think memory.anyway good look
p.s if u could borrow some memory to try

gav1810 said:
dont that say somet to ur if you tried with no memory and same thing happened ????(memory)unless as someone said r u using a graphic card (inwhich u could try reslotting) or if u using built in graphics in that case borrow a graphics card and fit it....that eliminates ur graphic card and me personally think memory any way good look
p.s could u borrow some memory to try

Eh?!?!?

Have you tried booting in safe mode? Then try a system restore.

No point in a system restore unless he updated his pc before turning it off.

Back to basics, check the pins in the VGA connections at both PC and Monitor, check cable for splits and poor connections.

Memory should only go in a couple of ways dependant on what type you have, some have notches with make it impossible to seat correctly the wrong way.

Try the monitor hooked up to another PC and try the PC hooked up to another monitor if the inside of the case looks sound.

Liam

The sound on my pc onece stopped and I couldnt figure out how to get it back, turned out it had downloaded the latest drivers from the net. Once I rolled it back to last good driver, it was in the properties section for the card, it then worked. Worth a thought.

thing is guys cant do system restore or back date drivers as the monitor will not work on my pc. i will try another monitor to eliminate any problems

A motherboard with no memory should probably beep in some way, since this is a fatal error - is it correctly attached to the speaker in the case? If not, it would be worth hooking up, as you might find it's trying to tell you something.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom