Monitor upgrade (27" or thereabouts, maybe ultrawide)

arachnoid

I've recently reverted to a single 24" Dell U2414H monitor due to getting neck ache from a side-by-side setup. My desk is against a wall and I have little depth available. Planning to get a wall mount which will create about 10cm more depth. I'd like to upgrade to a 27" monitor (can't really go much bigger due to height restrictions with light bar and camera on top) or maybe an ultrawide. Generally, I've been happy with the U2414H's with their matte screen, colours, response. I usually turn down or filter blue. The screen will be VESA (100) mounted. I mainly use headphones or earbuds. I have external speakers though could use the desk space. Current graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 750Ti. No onboard.

For the new monitor, due to proximity to the wall I probably need vertical cable exits. Anything similar to the U2414H (but bigger) will likely do. If I can get two A4 pages side-by-side that ticks one box. I do some coding, photo editing, maybe a bit of video editing, nothing major. Don't really anticipate gaming, but could move this (new) monitor to my gaming rig in future (where the ultrawide would be cool). Slimline is good (for depth) as well as mounting a light bar (which is precariously perched on my curved back U2414H). Must have matte screen. As for budget, not much. A few hundred at most, preferably less.

Any suggestions for res, product, etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom