• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor that can do 3D? For use with Playstation 3?

Howie

Established Member
Just wondering if there are Monitors that can handle 3D, that I could also use with the Playstation 3, and which brands they would be?

As long as its 120hz and uses HDMI, I should be fine, right? Or are there some specifics I need to look for?

Cheers!

try looking for monitors that support nvidia 3D vision.

you can then research to see if thier 3d glasses will work with PS3 or not. probably not but its worth a shot.

Funky Diver

Established Member
So far as I'm aware, so long as the monitor is side by side 3D compatible (as with Sky) then it should work.

LG have confirmed that their 23" 3D monitor will work with Sky 3D via HDMI so I'd imagine that hte PS3 will work too.

I'm equally intrigued to see if XBox360 will also work (if MS ever get their shizzle sorted for 3D content!!)

edit : side by side compatible basically means that the two images are transmitted to the monitor side by side via HDMI and the monitor then displays that as the alternating 3D images.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom