Question Monitor recommendations - for eye strain

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by cactuss, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cactuss

cactuss
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all

Some background info:

I currently own 2 monitors - BenQ XL2420T and Dell U2412M - in use for approximately 4 years. This is a double monitor setup.

I use the monitors for long hours - for work and gaming. Last year, my eyes would get fatigued after long hours of use. I realised that for years, the brightness setting has been really high on my monitors. Turning that down has helped. Also, I have invested in Gunnar Optiks glasses to reduce the glare. That has helped a lot too.

I'll soon be getting a new gaming PC and will probably look into new monitors. On that note, can anyone help me with the following:

Are there any recommendations for height adjustable 24 inch monitors that do as much as possible to protect the eyes.

I understand that no monitor can ever be a substitute for regular breaks. I have heard of the BenQ eye care monitor range - but don't know much about it's effectiveness.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Countjedi

Countjedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hello,

Just a thought but it could be worth having your eyes tested, I had the same issue and found that I required glasses for computer work. You could also consider some kind of antiglare screen protector which I think may assist so you can go for the monitor you like prefer.

Thanks

3. Miss Mandy

Miss Mandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,159
    I have to agree with this, get your eyes tested first as that's where the cause is most likely to be. If your eyes are fine then look at other solutions, but if you don't get your eyes tested you could be spending money on 'fixes' that don't actually resolve the issue.
    I experienced almost exactly the same issues as you and an eye test revealed the problem to be my eyes. Once I'd got my glasses the problem was gone.