Question Monitor recommendation

misfits73

Looking for a monitor mostly for Lightroom editing and less for gaming.
Cannot work anymore on my HP ZR2240W (60Hz) without having terrible eye pain and headaches.
So many available on the market but which one would you recommend?

I'm not a pro photographer so i'm not looking for expensive ones, just something decent
as i feel my eyes heavy after 30mins of just simply browsing

Thanks in advance

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
What's causing the eye strain? Too high brightness? Too low brightness?

Unless you can narrow down the cause then it's going to be very tricky to guess whether any given model will have the same effect.

misfits73

Maybe i'm doing something wrong with the icc profile i downloaded from tftcentral.
Ie, the brightness in the profile is set at 47, contrast at 80 and RGB Custom at 235, 218, 255 but i dont know if i have to set the same values in the monitor's osd menu or leave it at defaults and leave the profile do its thing

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Maybe i'm doing something wrong with the icc profile i downloaded from tftcentral.
Ie, the brightness in the profile is set at 47, contrast at 80 and RGB Custom at 235, 218, 255 but i dont know if i have to set the same values in the monitor's osd menu or leave it at defaults and leave the profile do its thing
Those will be the settings the profile was created at, the closest to whatever reference point the profile was created for. You will need to set your screen to those values, they're not part of the profile.

But if your eye strain is brightness related then you don't want to be using a reference brightness all the time, unless you're also going to control the light level of the screen's surroundings.

You want to pick something that's a comfortable level.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom