• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

monitor question

loopee

ok this is the deal im not good with computer jargon but bassiclly i got a 19" LCD montior with my up to date windows media system and i want to buy a 360 to run on this monitor

the res MAX resolution its got and i use is 1280 by 1024 is this ok to use with the 360?

what lead do i need?

do i need some adaptor to fit into the screen so i dont have to unplug and plug in the pc lead to use that?

can the 360 work along side my pc?

what else do i need? and need to know?

you will need a VGA cable, which you can buy off play.com for £11.99!! this connects the 360 to the monitor. On the xbox 360 you can choose from various resolutions at which you want to set it!!

i just checked my dashboard settings. If your monitor has a native resolution of 1280x1024 then you can choose this through the 360. You can set it to normal or widescreen with 1280x1024.

My tv has a native resoltion of 1280x768, so i set it to that, and with this resolution and 1366x768 you can only use widescreen, which most TVs are anyway.

But dont worry when you select 1280 x 1024 in the display settings on the xbox dashboard you can definetley choose normal instead of widescreen!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom