• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Problems....

GerryMac

Standard Member
I have a Veiwsonic VA2226w monitor,currently connected with a VGA cable.
I have up-graded my graphics card to a Ge Force FX 5600(NVIDIA),with the correct screen resolutions of [email protected].
I,ve purchased a DVI Cable and once I connect that cable I lose these resolutions.
A message comes up on-screen telling me to set res. to1600x1250 but I can,t do that:confused:

Any-one any ideas on how to get the optium settings for the above monitor.

Cheers GerryMac.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
The monitor manual (handbook) should tell you exactly what resolutions it supports over DVI or HDMI.
You need a resolution that's available on both the graphics card and in the monitor list.
Failing that, you could try running Powerstrip on the PC to gain the missing resolution.

GerryMac

Standard Member
The monitor manual (handbook) should tell you exactly what resolutions it supports over DVI or HDMI.
You need a resolution that's available on both the graphics card and in the monitor list.
Failing that, you could try running Powerstrip on the PC to gain the missing resolution.

Thanks Chris for the info....:)
I have searched the manual(PDF form)-it,s telling me of the optium resolutions but I lose that when connected with the DVI cable.Not to worry-I,ll just use the VGA cable for the mo until I learn more on the subject of Computers..:thumbsup:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom