Monitor PL300 w/ Denon AVC-A1HDA: biamp worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardent

Standard Member
The title pretty much says my question. I've never believed that there were any real benefits to biwiring, but I always heard that biamping's worth was dependant on the specific kit: is it worth biamping these together?

As an addendum, anyone care to recommend any decent speaker cable -

QED Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-Wire runs at circa £50/m, and for 2m including 4/4 banana plugs done for me, that would run at £160 odd per cable with diam of 22mm^2, which is a tad steep for my like.

QED Speaker Cables Silver Anniversary-XT Bi-Wire runs at circa £8/m, running to about £40 odd per cable including the 4/4 termination, for 7.5mm^2 diam, which is a bit, for the price of the cable compared to the price of the termination at least, a little uneven.

Anyone recommend something inbetween which won't cost the earth?

MarkTaylor

Novice Member
I'll close this one now to avoid other reactions, but consider a couple of points for when you next ask a question.

1. Use the search options; questions very similar to yours have been asked many times before, often several times a day, so don't be surprised if people are a little slow to respond to yet another 'which speaker cable question ...'

2. Consider the time of day; you asked at nearly 9pm last night and then get upset when you don't have a reply by the middle of the following morning. You need to be a bit more patient and at least let a question stand until 24 hours have passed so people who are not up late and work during the day actually get to see the question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom