1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor & PJ both being identified as Monitor 1

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Messiah, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    My saga of trying to get my ATI card to work correctly with 2 displays (VGA 1280x768 LCD monitor and DVI 1280x720PJ) continues to frustrate me.

Having upgraded to the latest catalyst drivers (v4.6) I am now able to set different resolutions for each monitor (using Clone mode). However, whist I have set Monitor 1 resolution to 1280x768 and Monitor 2 resolution to 1280x720 (and the settings panel has held these different resolutions :D) I find that when I use the identify button both the LCD monitor (connected via VGA) and the PJ (connected via DVI) identify themselves as Monitor 1. This is despite having to use Alt F5 to switch between them. Therefore the 1280x720 res is not being used so I end up having to use both at that resolution as the pj will not work with 1280x768.

Anyone got any ideas why they are not being seen as Monitors 1 and 2. It's driving me crazy and I'm beginning to wonder if it's all worth it (not helped by the fact my iPronto will no longer see my wireless network so unable to update the ICF etc :mad:).

TIA.

2. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    I've got the same problem with my Sapphire 9600.

I can't get 2 discrete monitors with separate resolutions.
    I've given up for now and if I'm using the TFT I set the resolution to 1600 x 1200 (DVI) and when I want to use the plasma, I set it to 1280 x 768 (VGA).

It's not a great solution but it works.
    Ideally I'd like a hotkey so I can switch between the 2 outputs or, even better, have 2 permanent outputs to each display.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The most annoying thing for me is about 6 months ago when I did a HTPC rebuild it all worked perfectly. I simply used Alt-F5 to switch displays and it switched resolutions automatically. Even more annoying is that I have a Ghost boot image from when it worked OK but even if I load that it does not work.

Very odd and driving me nuts as it is the very last thing to have my HTPC as the perfect unit. Even Girder is all set up to allow me to control Theatertek with my iPronto. Grrrrr...... :mad:

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    BTW, when you click the Identify button does it show as monitor 1 on both displays or does one show as 1 and the other as 2?

Thanks. Great choice of plasma btw :)

5. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Errrrrr, dunno. :laugh:
    I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet so I'm not sure what all the settings are - I just know I couldn't get it do what I wanted.

It would be nice if the TFT and plasma resolutions matched...