Monitor overscan

B

Bug

I'm using Samsung 2033SW monitor with the PS3 and I notice that it slightly overscans the picture like it makes it zoomed in. Is there is any fix to that?

Well the usual problem is that you've bought a cheap monitor that doesn't scale properly but as the 2033SW appears to be a 16:9 screen it shouldn't suffer from the usual scaling problems.

I guess it may be displaying the signal at 1920x1080 and cutting off the edges, have you checked the OSD (monitor's menu) for aspect/full/1:1 scaling options?

I tried to use the "Auto Adjustment" option, but it seems that it only works on VGA connection and I have my PS3 connected through DVI.

I tried to use the "Auto Adjustment" option, but it seems that it only works on VGA connection and I have my PS3 connected through DVI.

Yeah, that's something different.

Looking at the manual it appears Samsung have decided to call it 'image size' for this particular monitor. Have you tried both Auto and Wide options under that?

Does the PS3 have any resolution options? It might be worth trying to set it to something else.

Yeah, that's something different.

Looking at the manual it appears Samsung have decided to call it 'image size' for this particular monitor. Have you tried both Auto and Wide options under that?

Does the PS3 have any resolution options? It might be worth trying to set it to something else.

I've just tried 1080i and it doesn't overscan. However the problem is that games support 720p and not 1080i so they still get overscanned. The image size option lowers the picture size by leaving the black bars on the sides (when changing from "Wide" to "Auto") but the picture is still cut off. Any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom