1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor outs on Yamaha RXV650

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MacReady, Feb 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    I have only been using my Yam 650 for about a week now and it is the first time I have used any amp I have had for AV switching...and I am getting a bit confused about something.

I have my DVD player and XBox going into the amp via componant cables and my Sky+ and Laserdisc player via S-Video cables. I then have the Componant out going to my Sanyo Z3 projector and the SVideo out to my Tosh RP TV....the problem I am having is how do I get pictures from my Sky+ and LD player to my Projector ? The amp dosn't seem to be able to pass the signal from the S-Video inputs through the componant output (this is where someone tells me I should have bought the 750 as it can do this probably..lol).

Do I need an S-Video switching box or something so I can have two outputs to both the TV and projector (which would be far from ideal as I forgot to run an S-Video cable to my Projector which would mean the pulling up of floorboards again)

Any help appreciated.

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have a number of ways - but the 650 AFAIA doesn't do video up-conversion like the 750(?) or 1400/2400/2500 etc do (i.e. converts S-Video to Component etc).

you could get a component switcher like a Zektor HDS4.2 which does 4 component inputs with 2 outputs (1 for plasma, one for projector or whatever)

SKY+ box if got a SCART passthru on it could be fed to JSTech RGB2YUV converter which could then be fed to another input on Component switcher etc

Only problem with this solution is cost :(

JSTech RGB2YUV about £150
    HDS4.2 about £400

Maybe buying an amp with 3 component inputs could be cheaper - sell 650 and use money from it to fund suitable model??

Gary

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Thanks for the reply Gary. I have only just got the amp so dont really want to think about replacing it just yet.

I am not desperate to watch Laserdiscs on the PJ as I think the quality will be a bit of a turn off....but I would like to be able to watch stuff from Sky+ on it so may have to think about getting the picture from the Sky box to the projector via the componant cable.

I can't believe I didn't get an S Video cable installed at the same time as the componant one but it is too late now :(

4. ciarancummins

ciarancummins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I believe you can use 1 component cable as a composite cable. Therefore, plug the red cable at both ends of your component cable to the composite in:pJ out:650 and down convert your s-video connections. Have not tried it myself, but I believe it will work for those times you want to view it, and then change it back..... a pain I know, but ar least it is something...

let me know how you get on.

Ciaran