1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor out?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by markshannon, May 8, 2004.

1. markshannon

markshannon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PLEASE HELP!!!

I have currently bought a pioneer vsx d-912 receiver and i can run video through this. It mentions about a video cord from the monitor out on the receiver to the video in on my TV. The problem is that I don’t have a video in only on the side of my TV but that appears to be for video cameras, game consoles etc as referenced in my handbook. How do i connect?

thanks

mark

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Although you can buy cables with phono plugs on one end and scart on the other, do you really need to connect up your video signals via the amp.

In general the picture quality is much better if you can connect up your Digibox to the TV directly using the RGB scart and the same for a DVD player unless your player and TV have component video inputs that you can take account of.

3. markshannon

markshannon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No but the whole reason for the video inputs on the amp is so that when i choose dvd, sky etc for the sound it will automatically switch to the relevant video on my tv as well. hence having the monitor out on the amp but where do i connect it?

regards

mark

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I understand your reasoning for wishing to use the video switching on the amp (which is mainly for America where they don't have scart) as long as you realise that you will probably end up with poorer quality pictures as a result.

You will have to buy a cable with a scart socket on one end for input to the rear of the TV and either a single phono for composite pictures or an s-video plug for s-video at the other for connection to the video out or s-video out on the rear of the amp.