• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor Issue

MiniCho5en1

Hey guys, when I turn my PC on my monitor seems to start with the issue displayed in the picture below but if I turn the monitor off and back on then its perfectly fine.

But, tonight when the PC booted, the desktop quickly flashed up and then the screen went completely black. After turning the monitor on and off 2-3 times the display finally came back on.

Would you say its time to invest in a new one? It only started doing this yesterday morning too, I've had no issues with the display at all since owning it.

Thanks.

Untitled_1.png

moonbeam120

Looks as if 2 of the lower LED illumination banks have failed on that picture. From what you described its a power issue to the LED banks that light up your screen. Probably a board fault. If its in warranty get it fixed - if not - it's new monitor time I'm afraid.

MiniCho5en1

I guessed as much. I've been looking at upgrading anyhow, just wasn't looking to upgrade so suddenly.

I'll see how long this holds out for and then start properly searching for a new one.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom