monitor issue on vista

skinjim123

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have windows vista home premium and a 28 inch lcd tv.
For the past 3 months i have been able to use HDMI on the tv with an hdcp ready 8600gt card but last week my computer got a recent update for vista and then the computer would not boot up in HDMI channel and would only boot up on VGA. I am wondering does anyone know what i can do to sort out this problem so i can get HDMI back. I have tried extending my secondary monitor so it recognises the HD but it unchecks itself everytime i click apply. I have done a system restore to before the update occured but that hasnt helped either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my gfx card up to latest 175.5 but that hasnt changed anything.:lease:

My system specs are
AMD athlon 64 x2 5000+
4gb ram 800 mhz
Nvidia MSI 8600gt 256mb low profile card (HDCP ready HDMI output)
windows vista home premium 32bit

I had a similar problem with a Viewsonic monitor, one day it was working, the next it wasn't. I put this down to an update too (but I wasn't 100%). Mine was connected through DVI and after the update would only connect through analogue.
The solution was to connect both DVI and analogue cables, power down fully, disconnect all cables from the monitor (including power) and wait 10 minutes. After the 10 mins is up (don't skimp, do it properly), reconnect the power and the DVI (or in your case HDMI), then power back up.
It didn't make any sense to me either, but it bloody work, give it a go.

Mick.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom