Monitor help

Snazzy93

Novice Member
Sorry in advance, because im sure its already been talked about.

I want to purchace a monitor. I own an XBOX series x, and a tv that supports everything its capable of except for 120 fps.

My TV does a fine job, but im running into the issue where the only dislplay in our house that can support the xbox is our livingroom tv. Id like to buy a monitor. I would also like that monitor to support most of what my new xbox is capable of.

I do have a budget. Its $300. (Im a teacher. Dont judge me.)

I want advice as to whats most important. On a $300 budget, what would you look for? Resolution or Fps? Ill also gladly accept links to recomendations.

Dodgexander

I've moved this to the correct section where hopefully you'll get better help.
I'm not particularly adverse with monitors but I do know the main drawback using a Series X on them will be the same as lower cost TVs, and that's HDR.

Many may support HDR, but few will display it without issues. Provided you disable HDR when gaming, no problem.

Otherwise, I'd say you need to decide on the type of panel you want (do some reading up on IPS vs VA vs TN) and then also make sure the monitor you buy supports HDMI 2.1. Many will advertise 120 or 144hz but that will be via display port only and not HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom