Monitor & Graphics Card Compatibility

matttaylor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just a quicky really.

I'm looking at this monitor which has a resolution of 2048 X 1152 at 60 Hz.

The graphics card I was planning to use, see here on page 13, will apparently run 2048 x 1536 at 85 Hz.

So the question is, will they work OK together?
Perhaps there is some sort of rule I can apply when comparing these components?

Thanks,

Matt

It's a new and uncommon resolution which is probably why it is not mentioned in the video card manual.

Your monitor and video card should have a chat to each other and set it up correctly automatically but it isn't guaranteed. You may need to use Powerstrip to override the preset resolutions on the video card.

I'm sure you will get it working - the key thing is that your video card must have dual link capable DVI ports for that resolution, and yours does.

Thanks for the information. Good to hear about the Powerstrip and dual link capable DVI ports.

Not a bother. In the Nvidia settings (do download the latest drivers from NVidia) there is the ability for a custom resolution, if the res you want is acceptable then it will add to your list.

Not a bother. In the Nvidia settings (do download the latest drivers from NVidia) there is the ability for a custom resolution, if the res you want is acceptable then it will add to your list.

That's good to know as well. Thanks.

I have this monitor and I can confirm that it works at native resolution on an 14 month old ati 3870. I'd be surprised if any card from the last 2-3 years, with appropriate ram, didn't support this mode.

It's a great monitor I'd go for that at least.

Graeme

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom