• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Monitor for use with PC AND PS3

dafyddpryce

Standard Member
Hi,

My son is getting a PS3 for christmas and his step-dad is looking at buying him a TV for use with it and the home computer (I don't have any details on the computer).

I suggested he may get better value for money with a monitor, and after searching I came across this:

VX2439WM Viewsonic 24IN WIDE LCD VX2439WM 5MS - 1920X1080 100K:1 VGA DVI HDMI BK IN

I just hoped someone could advise as to whether this would be suitable? He is only 8, the budget is £150 or thereabouts and he will be connecting PS3 via HDMI. Just the PS3 and computer to connect.

also, are 2W speakers suitable?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Din0Su4r

There should be no problems with what you intend to use it for. But I would advise you to buy some better speakers if it is being used for gaming of any sort. Get some cheap £20 2.1 speakers if the budget will stretch a bit.

dafyddpryce

Standard Member
Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks very much for your advice...Just got a bit paranoid that I would ruin christmas by overlooking something!!

Thanks again,

Pete.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom