Monitor Cable from PC to AE200 - Is this a good one ?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm after a 3m long Monitor lead to connect a Radeon Graphics Card to my AE200.

Having read someone elses recent post (above their SILVER cable giving jaw dropping quality) It sounds like this cable which carries the picture to the projector can have a major impact on the final image quality.

I've found this one, and would like your opinions on if it's a reall good one to go with.........

http://www.lindy.com/uk/productfolder/03/37246/index.php

Or if it can be bettered, then where from (without going into silly money £100+ prices)

Many thanks

Tempest,

Having read someone elses recent post (above their SILVER cable giving jaw dropping quality) It sounds like this cable which carries the picture to the projector can have a major impact on the final image quality.

If you're referring to LTJs post, I think he was talking about mains cable, not VGA cable.

Sean G.

Veah probably was that post, but didn't realise he was talking about a silver mains cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, well 3m will do find for my needs really.
I guess I'm trying to keep it as short as I need it as will only be extra cable lying on the ground, and isn't shorter always better.

(well apart from what my girlfriend says!)

Those lumps on monitor cables
You know when you get a (resonably) good monitor cable is has a big lump at one end (which I think is a magnet around the cable)

Can anyone tell me what these actually do ?
& how important they are?

I ask as I'm looking at some "Lindy" pro gold VGA cables, and there is no sign of these things on their triple shielded gold cables.

Puzzled, as if it was THAT important then I'd have thought these expensive pro gold cables would have had them.....

Its a ferrite core. Normally to stop RFI . Analogue RGBHV signal have quite high frequencies knocking about that can cause interference to the monitor ....I think.

Someone else will jump in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom