Monitor Audio Speakers/Stand help

waring192

Hello all,

First post of the year so hope everyone reading has had a nice Christmas and New Year!

I have 3 Monitor Audio Radius 225 speakers wall mounted for left, center and right. No problems with them. For the rears I have 2 Radius 90’s.

I bought 2 Monitor Audio speaker stands for the rear 90’s but I’m having trouble with attaching them. The screws line up perfectly but the connections have either caps or a different design but I cannot find any versions which would fit. If you look at the photos you will be able to see what the problem is.

7B6ABB6F-5649-4698-BFE3-240E516FE62A.jpeg

CAC80C7D-7CB6-46F9-88D5-DCB86EABEF39.jpeg

The two screws line up perfectly but the connectors don’t have a hole in the middle of each of them and I cannot find any 90’s with that type of connector? Is it possible to change the connectors or does the plastic black and red dots which are in the way come off? I haven’t tried to force them off as I’m not sure if you can? I checked my Radius 45’s in the bedroom and also have the black and red caps so they wouldn’t work either.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Cheers

Jester1066

Hi

I think you need to remove the black and red plastic caps that are on the speaker binding posts. I'd try to gently prise them out with a thin blade/knife.

This should the reveal a "hole" where the cap was/is, that will line up with the 2 central "prongs" on the stand. Those prongs then "push fit" the speaker to the stand so to speak, with the outer screws on the stand used to hold the speaker securely.

Last edited:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Yeah, the you just have to remove the plastic covers. From there, you just push the speaker onto the two (banana plug) fixing points and tighten up

Deke50

Hello all,

First post of the year so hope everyone reading has had a nice Christmas and New Year!

I have 3 Monitor Audio Radius 225 speakers wall mounted for left, center and right. No problems with them. For the rears I have 2 Radius 90’s.

I bought 2 Monitor Audio speaker stands for the rear 90’s but I’m having trouble with attaching them. The screws line up perfectly but the connections have either caps or a different design but I cannot find any versions which would fit. If you look at the photos you will be able to see what the problem is.

View attachment 1635302

View attachment 1635304

The two screws line up perfectly but the connectors don’t have a hole in the middle of each of them and I cannot find any 90’s with that type of connector? Is it possible to change the connectors or does the plastic black and red dots which are in the way come off? I haven’t tried to force them off as I’m not sure if you can? I checked my Radius 45’s in the bedroom and also have the black and red caps so they wouldn’t work either.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Cheers
Where did you purchase those stands?

Deke50

If your looking for the official Monitor Audio Stands, these are them. Available in both black and white finishes. Monitor Audio change the curved ones to these with the last refresh
I understand there are different stands for the Monitor audio radius version line....I have the older Monitor audio Radius 90"HD" versions that don't have the single screw that mounts them to the stands.....that's the stand I'm looking for?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The original Radius and HD version used to have the wall brackets included in the box and those screwed into the same fixing points. These can be found on page 8 of the manual. The only thing I'm unsure of is the screw types between the new and old ones as I know the new are USA thread screw types

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom