Monitor Audio Soundframe 3, any?

Barbarin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was going to do in wall surrounds, but I think im gonna move to on wall. Ive checked ma audioframe 3. Looks ok, but cant find any information. Ive gone to a couple of shops and nothing.
Anyone with them? happy?
I like Dali oberon on wall too, but they are much bigger, and deep....

What are you looking for regarding information on the Monitor Audio SF3 Speakers. We have a number of bits on our website which you can download.

SoundFrame Brochure
Grill Options
Template
Instructions

If your wondering on the sound, for a on-wall mounted speaker, they are what you would expect from Monitor Audio, well built, have that familiar Monitor Audio characteristic sound, easy to mount and produce a level of detail than you mightn't have expected. All in all, where do they sit against the Dali Oberon. As you would expect, both produce a great levels of sound, visually I think the Dali's have it plus as front speakers, I feel they also edge it too as the SF3's are really designed for either an all surround sound combination (x5 SF3 Sat/Sub solution) or as rears with the combinations of SF1 and SF2 speakers.

Having said that, they still product a very capable sound experience as mentioned above and if you have to compromised on space, its not to much of a compromise. I would say that adding a woofer will certainly almost bridge the differences between them and the Dali's to create something that will be be both enjoyable and accommodating where space is an issue

Thank you for the answer. This is my back wall. As you can see red sofa in contact with wall. I’ve a polkaudio for surround that I want to upgrade. I wanted to do in wall, but back wall is brick, and still haven’t found any speaker to use in that material.. I’ve been said I’ve to get a back box for the speaker, which cost too much for what it really is. So I though about going on wall with audio frame 3 or Oberón on wall.
Room is big, but we don’t like to listen loud. Front speakers are bower and Wilkins and subwoofer bk xl200.

Attachments

• 8C217B2F-7178-4D97-B3A7-DDA03E4103DB.jpeg
    8C217B2F-7178-4D97-B3A7-DDA03E4103DB.jpeg
    826.6 KB · Views: 453
Are you using Atmos, if not you could look at FX speakers, they may help your room better at distributing the surround sound effects. They will not work as well bunched into the corners though, so you will need to move them a little bit more into the room on the back wall

You could look at the Bronze FX, Silver FX, you simply mount them a above head height and they will spread the sound around the rear of the room much better than conventional speakers. They don't sound any louder than normal speakers either, but they do bring more to the experience

I might go Atmos, but the Atmos speakers is not a concern as I’d buy something from the family of the surround.
I saw those silver fx. I don’t dare to show wife......

The FX's are quite small to be truthful compared to some other speakers and that includes depth. Show her some huge speakers first and get your ear chewed off, then when showing the FX Speakers they'll think they're nice and small - reverse psychology and all :laugh::rotfl:

So, wouldn’t you recommend audio frame 3/ Oberón in my Setup?
Fx speakers option would rule out Atmos speakers?
Thanks you for your time

As you are going to use MA SF3's as rears, they will be fine and as many peoples preferences regarding Atmos, they would be better than the FX (general consensus of the masses). Myself, If you can do it properly with speaker placement, then I see no reason why the FX speakers wouldn't work with Atmos speakers, but the argument is sound for not using them. The way FX speakers work with distributing sound could interfere with the downward or reflexive atmos speaker thus making it difficult in many room arrangements which would include yours. This is basically because we are in an era of accurate speaker placement and focused sound whereas FX speakers spread the sound in a 180 degree range which makes it difficult to place them in the right place as they really need to be in a room where the settee is not against the rear of the room

Last edited:
So , and I don’t steal you more time, would you go in my setup for surrounds for Dali Oberón on wall or soundframe 3? I’d go for Atmos for same mark.

Pd: I’ll contact you privately when I consult my wife

As a rule, you should always try to keep all the speakers from the same manufacture, but if space is an issue, which I understand it to be, then you're already on the compromise route and because of this you will be fine with the Monitor Audio Soundframe 3's. They'll work perfectly with any Atmos speakers you choose at a later date, so cannot see any problems with you adding them to your setup :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom