Question Monitor audio silver sfx wall mount

PhilPR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, recently changed my old amp to a denon x2600h, and as a result decided to add some extra rear speakers for 7.1.
I have got some older MA Silver sfx speakers which don't have wall mount brackets on. (not to be confused with fx speakers)
Anyone have any idea how these should be mounted? Or where I can buy the brackets?

Any help appreciated as my Google-fu has completely failed to come up with any answers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210128_212745.jpg
    IMG_20210128_212745.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 106
Have you asked monitor audio they are very helpful give them an email

Wonder if the brackets of the bronze FX would fit ?? Looks like you have the hols for them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210130-095029.jpg
    Screenshot_20210130-095029.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 70
I am in contact with MA, the chap I am dealing with is struggling as the speakers date before his computer system begins 😁 Even the serial numbers don't appear in his system.
I think he is still down in the basement searching through files!

I was thinking of the current bronze fittings, I will ask him when he comes back to me next.

Mite be a case of only using one of the original holes and making another looking at them looks like there pilot holes for screws or are they threaded ones

How about these

Amazon product ASIN B07CKVSZR5

The sfx speakers have indents as pilot holes, will measure the gap later as it would be interesting to compare to the gap between bronze fittings holes.

Those fittings look OK, but may be too close to the speaker back. It is not quite flush, the cable poles protrude a little. I would rather have the fitting on the speaker rather than the wall as the weight can be split over 2 screws that way.

You could pop a couple of washers behind them them to lift them away from the speaker a bit and can add or remove as many as you need

Hope you get sorted

Just looking at getting some silver fx my self

I love their look, trying to resist adding a second subwoofer on a wireless link but then that's it. I keep telling myself that, darent tell the wife..

No what you mean I have a xxls400 at the moment and love it but would love a mono don't no how I would seek that in the room

Where on the wall are you fitting your SFX

That is my issue

On the back wall

Mine are going to go on the sides but they will only be about foot and 1/2 from back wall and above door frame

I have side speakers at that position, but not so high.

Really pleased with sound since changing amp, great effects coming through. Not sure how much better it will be with 2 extra rear surrounds added, but couldn't resist now the new amp is 7.2 capable.

Yes mine is 7.2 but can't do backs not got the space have played with front height

Did you feel any benefit? I am dubious about Atmos, rather get a better sense of surround laterally. But I haven't tried to be honest, just a gut feeling.

Mine doe snot do Atmos only pro logic 2z

But to be honest don't think I got what I was expecting

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom