Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and Roksan Kandy

NickTho

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I currently have a Roksan Kandy Amp and CD Player (the MK III ones), and am looking to upgrade my speakers.

Does anyone have the RS6's paired with this combination ? And would you recommend ?

I've seen a bundle of this combination for sale, at this link : http://www.hifi4less.com/product.php/593/62/, so imagine they do. And I've heard the RS6 speakers in combination with the Cyrus kit in my local SevenOaks and was impressed, but would like other opinions.

Thanks

Last edited:
The RS6's sound fantastic so much depth and body to the sound and certainly not lacking in backs of bass but the music flows so well to, great rhythm to the speakers. I am not sure how they would sound with the roksan but I am sure they would sound great.

I auditioned the RS6s with a kandy III amp for about an hour and was very impressed with the results, I eventaully ended up taking the 8's home with me though as they had a very well priced ex demo pair going.

Thanks to you both for your replies - most helpful - Zoidburg - I imagine the RS8's are even better, but I cannot quite justify the extra £200 (to the missus mainly !!)

When I had a Roksan Kandy III I was pretty set on buying a set of RS6, I spent a few hours in my local hi-fi shop. They sounded good but not as good as I thought they would. So out came the RS8. These sounded far better, I was nearly set on these until I thought seeing as I was upping the budget a little, the GS10 were at the same price as the RS8.

I put down a deposit and the dealer let me take the RS8 and GS10 home. Both are great speakers but the RS8 need a fair bit of room to breath but sound immense. The GS10 on the other hand arnt very fussy with positioning and have a top end that leaves the RS8 lacking.

In the end I bought the GS10, they sound great together. If you have a strict budget, is 2nd hand out of the question? you could get a set of GS10s for around £500

opps wrong thread

Last edited:
I'd be inclined to recommend the idea of the GS10's as well. Yes they cost an extra few hundred quid, but you can always use a dealer who does credit, put the £600 you have now down as the deposit and pay the remainder in 6 months or over the next 2 years (tenner a month, woohoo). The quality difference is amazing. The Kandy has enough power to get a fair bit out of them too, I'd personally spend more (and I did..lol) but your amp will still get a reasonable amount of their ability to show.

wow - I hadn't considered the GS10's - I'll seriously take a look at those too....although the budget is not set in stone, I didn't want to get too carried away. Thanks though......more food for thought

go and listen to them both back to back, once you hear the differance it will be a very easy decision.

Here is what I borrowed
new-speakers.jpg

Here is what I bought
new-setup-close.jpg

Thanks for the photo's Kidloco46 - much appreciated. Can I ask - what are your speaker stands (Atacama's ?) and how much did you pay for your them ? I suppose I would have to take that into consideration too if I went for the GS10's

they are actatama se24. There getting on abut now. Must be a good10 years old. But they still do a great job filled with dry sand. They can be found on eBay now and again. They seem to hold there value pretty well. I paid £75 for them new. Today I think it would cost at least £150 get get a set of such well made stands.

Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I currently have a Roksan Kandy Amp and CD Player (the MK III ones), and am looking to upgrade my speakers.

Does anyone have the RS6's paired with this combination ? And would you recommend ?

I've seen a bundle of this combination for sale, at this link : Roksan Kandy L MK3 Stereo Amplifier and Roksan Kandy MK3 CD Player and Monitor Audio Silver RS6 Floor-Standing Speakers | HiFi Package Deals | HiFi 4 Less, so imagine they do. And I've heard the RS6 speakers in combination with the Cyrus kit in my local SevenOaks and was impressed, but would like other opinions.

Thanks

I’m running RS6s through the Kandy III power amp. Sublime.

With your CD/amp combo you’ll be grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Thanks for all your input guys - I'm not sure if its helping or just confusing me more :confused: .......I'd sort of set my mind on the RS6's - so thanks Beerhov for confirming that this is a good combination. :thumbsup:

Trouble is - if I start looking at the RS8's or GS10's and accept my budget may increase, then it also doesn't stop me looking at (and listening to) the Morduant Short Mezzo 6 's, or the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC4T's or 6T's......which I understand are pretty good as well......I'm then on the slippery slope to re-evaluating again....:rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll have to have another serious think about things.....

Stick with your budget. Don’t get carried away.

If you’re going for better speakers then they’d benefit from better amps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom