Monitor Audio Silver Centre - stand or wall fix?

chalkstorm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm about to but a Monitor Audio RS set up. Any thoughts on the best way to position the centre speaker? Is it best to fix it to the wall below the screen - or use a stand?
Sorry if it seems a dumb question - I'm new to this!
Thanks in advance
Simon

i have an AV rack with my centre on that....from Optimum.......bottom shelf DVD player, next shelf up A/V amp, then next shelf up Centre speaker, then top plate has TV on it, then projector screen is above that.....the nice thing is it means the centre speaker is on a very solid platform, and is pretty much the same height as the tweeters/mid drivers on my left and right front speakers......(i own the Silver S6 fronts and SLCR centre, the prev gen to your RS's...)

(these MA Silver RS setups seem to be getting popular...heh)

the good thing about the rack was you can choose the height of the rods between each shelf from a range of sizes :)

my advice if a rack isnt something you want/need then if you have people/animals moving around, especially kids, then mount it on a shelf, if however its a dedicated room and no one should be going near it anyhow, then use a pair of stands, just to make sure its nice and solidly connected to the floor.....i guess you could use one stand, but i'd play safe...lol

Thanks for the response Knyght_byte - unfortunatley my rack is located at the other end of the room. If you look at - http://thehawthornes.fotopic.net/p21988370.html - you can just see the pink cable that is for the speaker (the power cable will be for a future flat panel). The screen will drop from the ceiling to somewhere only just above the speaker cable.
Whatever I do has got to be neat.
Thanks again
Si

if it has to be neat then the best bet is a very very sturdy solid shelf......but make sure you have decent brackets for it.........at loud volumes the drivers to shift a little bit if you have it set at 60hz on your amps crossover......so you dont want it shaking loose...lol
the shelf is good because it will isolate it more from the bass from a sub :)

Thanks KB - I'll take a look in the local DIY stores this weekend!

Si

more than welcome :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom