Monitor Audio Silver/Bronze question

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is possibly an obvious question to those in the know.

But I was looking to possibly upgrade my Monitor Audio Bronze speakers and seen the Monitor Audio Silver C150 on sale. So I looked at Richer Sounds to see if I could price match and they had sold out and set it as discontinued. But they did have a Monitor Audio Bronze C150 at a much lesser price than even the price I was looking to match with and the Silver was a C250.

Am I right in thinking Monitor Audio have just relabelled the Silver C150 to Bronze? And if so are there any plans for them to do the same to the Silver 100 L/R speakers and set them to Bronze 100 too in the near future? As it will save quite a bit of money if they did that?

Or am I misunderstanding things and the Silver C150 is totally different speaker than the Bronze C150.

Or am I misunderstanding things and the Silver C150 is totally different speaker than the Bronze C150.

Silver series is a completely different series to the Bronze range. It has better drivers, crossovers, and better quality cabinet finishes vs the Bronze range. The silver C150 is the old 6th Gen Silver range. Monitor Audio have since replaced the 6th Gen silvers with the 7th Gen ones. Hence the Silver C150 being discontinued. The equivalent centre speaker is the 7th Gen silvers is the C250.

The matching L&R speakers for the C250 would be any other following (all 7th gen):

Silver 100's (Bookshelf/standmount)
Silver 200's 300's & 500's (All floorstanders).

You might be lucky and get the older 6th gens as end of line stock. In the 6th gens there was also 2 centre speaker options, the C150 or the C350 (much larger in size and 3 way driver design). Monitor Audio have decided to go with just the one (C250) centre in the new 7th Gen lineup.

Hope this helps! For reference I have the old 6th gen 300's & C350 as my LCR. Any questions ask!

Last edited:
This is possibly an obvious question to those in the know.

But I was looking to possibly upgrade my Monitor Audio Bronze speakers and seen the Monitor Audio Silver C150 on sale. So I looked at Richer Sounds to see if I could price match and they had sold out and set it as discontinued. But they did have a Monitor Audio Bronze C150 at a much lesser price than even the price I was looking to match with and the Silver was a C250.

Am I right in thinking Monitor Audio have just relabelled the Silver C150 to Bronze? And if so are there any plans for them to do the same to the Silver 100 L/R speakers and set them to Bronze 100 too in the near future? As it will save quite a bit of money if they did that?

PT has the old Silver 6G still in stock some finishes. Some member ordered through Peter Tysons ebay channel last week and got even further discount so check that aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom